Chapter 6

Ben stayed up all night texting Lindsey, he felt like he could talk to her for an eternity. At school they said hey and then went to their classes, not much to it. In class his friends were talking to him but he wasn't listening. He kept thinking about the man last night. He wondered who he actually was. As the man left he saw him go into the dark and almost disappear, but it was lift enough for him to see, it was all he could think about. As he was going to gym he heard on the announcements "Emergency conditions exist, there is a man with two guns on campus go to the nearest classroom and lock the doors, and stay quiet." Ben ran to the nearest classroom and noticed Lindsey and Brianna in the same room. There was no teacher in the room so they couldn't lock the doors. As the door handle turned they realized it wasn't a teacher and somebody was going to die.

The man walked in with sweaty hair and two guns. "Well looky here, we've got a party on our hands." As he let out a little laugh. They all knew he was insane. But they didn't focus on that they realized while they were thinking about this mans mental state of mind he aimed to guns at the girl's heads. He said one thing quietly. It took awhile to compute but they all knew he said "5" then shortly after that he said "4" Ben realized one of them was going to die. The man said "3" and Ben felt like he was already dead. Ben almost couldn't move but he knew he had to do something. As the man said "2" he ran I. Front of the girl he truly felt for. Almost as if he didn't control it. He didn't know who he ran in front of he just knew it was the right choice. He felt a sharp pain in his chest before it went away.

Ben realized he was dead he looked down at two lifeless bodies as the man ran away. Brianna's eyes were the Only eyes that were open... But Lindsey's eyes were crying and Ben realized who it was that he saved. Brianna's hair was red. But it's natural color was black. He saved Lindsey. And he realized he was going to heaven.