Forever Hidding

Tis a day like no other, a day so profound the moon goddess smiles down upon us. This day, this very instance will forever change the future. Why you might ask well i was born. The first she wolf. Out of all female offspring i was the one blessed with this curse. My parents didn't know until they held my tiny fraigle body in their arms. My wails rang through out the tiny cottage house, they were entranced. You could see the smiles of joy on their faces. Their happiness shining bright in their eyes, but behind that joy was fear and worry they had for their little girl.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Alexanderia Rose Mercury and im 18 years old. I'm a homeschooled nerd with not one but three older brothers. Mike, Desile, and Dray. They were my brothers, my best friends and my torementors. I rarely ever leave the house and if i do i'm to mask my scent, rubbing on tree folage, mud anything earthy. I'm an average looking girl with plain long brown hair, doe like hazel eyes, and the sofest pink thin lips. My parents Kevin and Maria Mercury are the most loving, protective, amazing parents ever. My father was amazing always taking care of everyones needs and wants before his own. Yet he was still a mans man haha. He was a loving man to his mate, his wife and his children. He did everything in his power to make sure his children were happy and safe. My mother was everything to me. My dad says i look like her but i dont see it. My mother is stunning. Holding her head up happy. She was a proud woman. My mother was thee ever dotting hen. She made sure her family knew she loved them, showered them in her love day to day. She made sure i was comfortable knowing that i would never be allowed to leave the house, to venture out on my own.

My first shift i was 13 years old. Man looking back it hurt like hell. My body was on fire, breaking down trying to reform into the animal, the wolf i was to become. Everything burned, everything broke. I felt as if i was dying, no i wanted to die to end the pain. It seemed like forever before the pain dulled out into a warmth spreading throughout my body. I remember closing my eyes enjoying the warmth easing my body. When i opened my eyes again i was staring at pure white paws. I gasped only for it to come out as a yelp. I was so excited everything was new to me sights,sounds,smells, and touch. Everything was brighter, clearer and more vibrant. That's when i got a good look at my surroundings, my room. Torn to shredds my pillows, blankets and headboard. I yelped again just as my bedroom door swung open revealing my father and mother. Looks of joy cascading down my fathers face as my mother went from shock to slight joy, trying to hide her fears. My brothers soon joined in whooping and hollering. Changing into their wolves eager and excited from my shift. My father's wolf was grey with white streaks marring into the grey. Mike's wolf a solid bold grey short and stocky. Desile's wolf was another solid grey with a black tip on his left ear. Dray's i thought was beautiful and different compared to my other brothers and fathers wolves. Dray's wolf was a tri colored brown, grey and black merging together almost making one color. That night i took my first run through the woods surrounding our house. The moon was shining bright coaxing us to run. Almost celebrating with us. The moon goddess smiling down with us, her children. Looking back on the memory always brings a smile to my face. My little taste of freedom, that freedom ive only ever got. Since the shift once every couple of months i was allowed to shift to run. That's also when the training began. Training me in the art of masking my scent, hunting, hours of endurance, training for my survival. 5 years 2 months and 4 days i've been training, its always the same. All those years later and almost stronger than Mike but i was faster and better at masking my scent. Hunting was easy and i guess i was the better at tracking.

Laying in my room thinking over the years and that years that would forever be like this. The years to come dark and alone. An ache beginning to bloom in my chest. A longing and a desire for a freedom that will never come to me. A freedom that i will never know. A freedom i can only wish for. Snuggling further into my blankets i laid there listening to the soft thrumming of the rain against the roof. The longing and aching washing through me was to much i could feel the tears begin to fall. Softly and slowly driving me into the dark, sleep was bound to come.