#4: Twisted

Synopsis: #4: Sasuke and Sakura's thoughts during the Forest of Death scene.

Note: This was written for SasuSaku Month 2017. The prompt is for Day 5: Blood, Sweat, and Tears. This oneshot is based on Naruto episode 33, Manga Chapter 56.

• • •

Blood.

When he regained consciousness, he could only feel the power surging through his body, enveloping him with strength and adrenaline that he had never experienced before.

He slowly stood up from the ground and sensed fighting going on near him. He was itching to try out this new, surreal power he somehow achieved...

But then he saw her.

There was no mistaking that light shade of pink and that trademark red dress. She was sprawled on her knees, her shoulders slumped in exhaustion and her hair a knotty mess. When he approached her, she turned around to face him, her tired face already lighting up with a smile until she saw what state he was in.

Her eyes went wide.

After seeing her face all bruised like that, with her eye already swollen and turning purple and specks of blood scattered on her body, he felt anger rising inside him.

"Sakura... who did that to you...?"

What bastard did that to you?

...Because he will be the first one to taste my new power.

Sweat.

No...

That's not the Sasuke-kun I know!

A burst of determination and courage filled her body, and her legs led her towards Sasuke's form. Without even thinking about it, she wrapped her arms around him, stopping him from moving.

Stopping him from doing something he might regret.

Stopping him from doing what was never in his nature to begin with.

She was nervous as hell. She was scared. So, so scared.

But she would be damned if she just let him go off into the deep end.

And tears.

When he felt arms around his torso, his head immediately snapped towards the source.

His blood-red Sharingan eyes met her wide, imploring emerald ones. She was staring at him so intensely as if begging him to stop.

"Please..."

He was this close to brushing her off.

But the tears that freely flowed out of her eyes stopped him cold.

She was crying.

She was crying for him.

Why?

"...stop."

The vivid image of her tears was ingrained into his mind before he collapsed to the ground, the curse marks already receding.

fin