#6: Silence

"Do you remember seeing this same sky, Sasuke-kun?"

When he glances at her, her gaze is bright and directed skywards, a soft smile curving her lips. Her posture is relaxed as she leans her elbows against the grass, comfortably adjusting herself into a position wherein she can see the stars in all their glory.

"Yeah," he responds. "Back when we were twelve."

She lets out a light chuckle. "Those were the days, huh?" Something nostalgic crosses her features, one that he doesn't miss. "The night sky here looks exactly the same as it was years ago..."

He follows her gaze and finds himself immersed in the black expanse, sprayed with sparkling lights and hazy clouds. Both of them don't speak nor do anything for a long while, finding contentment in being around each other's presences. He has never really experienced anything like this before, and it's actually a beautiful, surreal feeling. To have someone in your life who can give you the space you need, understands your reasons, and is never afraid to show how much they love you is still a concept that's slightly foreign to him, especially since this case is not like his bonds with his family but something romantic.

She may not be the most perfect person in the world, but she is more than enough for him.

She... is the one.

No more hesitating, he thinks to himself.

Without any further ado on his part, he slowly turns towards her and gently cradles her face with his hand. She looks startled at this unexpected move, but she doesn't say anything, only staring at him with her eyes wide.

She always does have the most expressive eyes he has ever seen.

Sasuke smiles softly, then leans towards her and presses his lips to her forehead.

"Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel."

fin