Chapter 20: The New Friend pt. 2

Leo's POV:

As I saw AJ come down the stairs, she literally took my breath away. She looked stunning in her angel costume that matched perfectly with my devil costume. Her white dress fit her perfectly and made her look even more innocent than she already is.

I also noticed that she wasn't wearing her glasses, so I'm assuming she's wearing contacts right now. Without her glasses, her eyes looked even greener than before. The makeup was also partly responsible for that.

When she was towards the bottom of the steps I noticed her foot trip over the other. Almost on instinct I stretched my arms forward and caught her, holding her close to my chest. As I caught her, AJ's lips landed on mine and I could see her eyes go wide.

We just stared at each other for a couple seconds before AJ came to her sense and pushed me away. Using the back of her hand, she wiped her lips, smearing the light pink lipstick in the process. "Uh AJ? You just smeared your lipstick," I pointed out.

Her heels slapped against the hardwood floor as she ran to the bathroom near the kitchen. I saw that Via, Miles, and both out parents were standing off to the side with stupid grins on their face. "What are you smiling for?" I asked. Via's smile was the creepiest.

My sister looked like a clown from somebody's nightmare.

"Oh nothing. It's just that your little accident was caught on camera," Via replied. My eye went wide. I was a little upset that they had all seen it, but now they had photo evidence. Great, I'm never going to hear the end of this. Everyone in this house except for AJ knows that I like her.

I haven't exactly told Via, but it's not that hard to figure out. Slowly, a smirk spread onto my face. "Hey, send me that pic will you?"

"For what?" Via asked.

"Oh nothing." Via rolled her eyes at me but a couple seconds later I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out and saw that Via actually sent me the picture. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with it.

AJ came back out and after 15 minutes of pictures being taken of all 4 of us, we finally headed to the restaurant. Our group wanted to go out to eat first and then go to Homecoming.

"Why can't we just go straight to Homecoming? They have food there. It'll be fine," AJ complained. She's always complaining about the smallest things. One time when we were little she complained about having to get up and grab something from the coffee table sitting literally a foot away from her. She's that lazy.

"The food at the party will suck. It's just supposed to be the basic chips with dip, some cookies, and punch. That's what they do every year. They are to lazy to get actual food," I replied. She grumbled and crossed her arms on her chest just as we arrived at the place. "Really, Freddie's?" AJ complained. "Don't get me wrong I love their food but shouldn't we go somewhere a little fancier? I mean it is Homecoming."

"We always come here. Plus, this is the only place I know that everybody for sure likes," I said. As we walked in, I noticed a bunch of other groups from our school all decked out in their costumes laughing and having fun.

We sat down at a booth and a lady came over to take our order.

"What can I get for you today?" she asked politely. I'm glad she isn't one of those waitresses that pulls down the front of their button up uniform and hike up their skirt. That would be really awkward.

"I would like 2 burgers with fries, one with onions and one without and 2 shakes, a chocolate and strawberry," I ordered for AJ and I.

Via and Miles ordered their food then we all talked about random things until the food came out. AJ being typical AJ scarfed down her burger in a matter of minutes and was now proceeding to dip her fries in her chocolate shake. I watched her as she did this and a small smile started to form on my face.