five ❧ adonis

The lights, the smell, it was all too familiar

The lights, the smell, it was all too familiar. This used to the place I've always loved going to. As a young child, I would sit and just watch as they aided the ones who needed them to. How they could face death and still manage to smile.

Deep down I had a feeling that it was something I wanted to do. Going to school to be a pack doctor was amazing. When I graduated, I felt full of power and meaningful.

Then, Alpha decided that I was best at being a warrior. He told me that it would be my job to teach the offspring, the cubs, the future generations. It saddened me, but I couldn't disobey him.

I learned to love what I did for my pack. I learned to be happy with a choice I didn't make. Now, as I lay here in the swallowed depth of darkness, I can't help, but reflect.

The pain in my leg had vanished. That had to be the first thing I noticed. My heart was beating, so I knew that I was not dead. It wasn't until I finally opened my eyes and blinked away the blurriness that I could see the white walls, the light beaming on my face, and the sight of absolutely no one.

Sitting up, I looked around the room. It was empty. It probably was the room of a prisoner who needed to go to the pack hospital; me. As I inspected my leg, I noticed how there was a hole in my pants with blood covering every bit. The only odd thing about it was that there was no longer a wound. Not even a scar could be seen from where he stabbed me.

When the aftertaste finally settled in my mouth, I could taste blood. It wasn't just any blood, but the king's blood. The smell was heavenly, a smell that only comes from the Royal Bloods. The taste of his blood made me feel like I was a vampire. I guess that's another name they can call me, leech.

My eyes wandered over to a glass of water that sat right beside on me on a small table. A smile settled on my face at the thought of washing this taste out of my mouth. Just as I was about to reach over to pick it up, I realized my hands were tied to the bed. This is really pathetic.

"I'm surprised you didn't say something sexual," Onyxia muttered. I mocked her words by moving my mouth without pronouncing them before giving a prolonging look to the glass of water.

"They do know how easy it is to break out of this, right? Honestly, Alpha King Sir, Incredible Hanes, and Elliot the Celibate should be glad that I'm going to be a good prisoner for now," I tell her. Rolling my eyes, I whimper as I stare at the glass of water. Is this my torture? They know I can't use my hands, and the very second I had woken up, they were well aware that I'd be dying of thirst.

"What's your plan?" Onyxia asked me. I look around the hospital room as if it were actually going to spark up something. There was an idea forming along in my head the very second I was captured by the Third-in-Command. That was until I found out that they had done some type of voodoo to the cage door. Now, the only way to form some type of plan to get out of here would have to take much more time. Time I'm not sure that I have.