seven ❧ mate

I couldn't exactly describe how I felt at this moment physically

I couldn't exactly describe how I felt at this moment physically. It felt like something wrapped around my soul as my body felt like it could do almost anything. My eyes snapped open to gaze into the depths of water. No longer did water crash against my lungs as my body sunk further down. For a second, I thought I was dead.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arm. As my body emerged from the water, I was yanked onto land where my body just laid sprawled out on the floor as my gaze was on the night sky.

Exhaustion was settling at my bones, the more I laid there, the more exhausted I became.

"Look at yourself, Xena. Look at your reflection once more," Atlas said. I turned my head enough to look at the source of the voice with a deadpan look on my face.

"Well, slap me down and call me Willy Nilly the Penny because I must look dumb as hell if you think I'll do that again," I spoke. My voice sounded deeper, almost rich. My eyebrows knit together in confusion as I cleared my voice. Am I still me?

Ignoring how dumb it might make me, I looked over into the spring. The first thing that caught my attention were my eyes. The golden orbs that flowed in the darkness. My face looked more sculpted as the baby-face seemed to disappear. I even noticed how my black hair seemed more vibrant and thicker. The curls suddenly framing my face in all its wet glory.

"What the hell happened to me?" I asked Atlas as I couldn't take my eyes off of myself. It looked like I hit puberty a little too late, and a little too quick.

"You have to get out of here, your smell is alerting nearby packs. I'm only a whisper away, Xena. You must do all you are capable of," he told me. Shaking my head, tears began to pool at my eyes. I felt so alone and the last thing I needed was for the only person I knew of to leave me all alone.

"Wait, just explain to me everything. What am I supposed to do?" I asked him.

"You're a Luna Bound, Xena. You always have been and you forever will. You are the last Luna Bound left that has not been taken by the boundhunters. The moon goddess had a vision that werewolves had gone extinct. She created you to try to change that vision, which is why she depends on you; the queen. Your smell reeks of royalty, beauty, and love. Everything you could do before, you can do it ten times better; running, jumping, fighting. I trained you to be a warrior, don't disappoint me," he explains. He grabs ahold of my hand and begins running in a direction. I trail after him, but after a few minutes of running I realize that I could go even faster. As my feet takes over this newfound speed, he disappears.

"I don't know what to do, Onyxia. I feel all this pressure. It's like a flipping movie!" I cry out, finally coming to a stop.

"I've always told you that you're a queen, Xena. It's you that has to believe it," She tells me. Throwing myself against the tree, I looked up towards the sky. Why me?