six ❧ escape

The hammering in my chest began again

The hammering in my chest began again. As we began walking back towards the cabin, I could feel his eyes on me. He was watching my every move trying to test if I would lie, or if he could trust me with telling him the truth.

It was a truth that I was unsure of. I mean, Is it really the truth if there are still holes to be discovered? Technically, it would be my truth, but I'm not too sure if it would be the truth.

All I know is that I have to get out of here. There's still the duty of me having to report back to my alpha along with the duty of trying to figure out the answer to all these unanswered question. My mind sometimes would still wander to the Luna Bound I had helped in the woods. What if there were more like her?

His eyes were still on me. They were glaring with the await of my answer. His question still doomed in my mind and left me only to ponder, "What are you?" Is saying that I'm only ordinary even possible anymore? The evidence could all just be some coincidence, but then again, is it bad for me to wonder if it's not?

"I'm a she-wolf. That's the only fact I truly hold," I answer before looking off into the dark sky. The specks of light littered it as if it were bright freckles grazing upon a young girl's face. I didn't feel his eyes glaring at me any longer, all I could focus on was what was above me.

"Ena, you're going to do really big things. I know you will, it's embedded into you. And you may not feel it now, but one day you will show the world what's it like to lead," my mother told me as she wiped a tear from my freckled cheek. I smiled at her words before vowing to myself that I will do anything to make her proud.

"I know, mama," I responded.

He started walking down the trail. My eyes finally moved from the night sky before they fell on him. The first thing I noticed was that he was in front of me, and my hands were not secured by anything. I could easily just attack him from behind and then run. Run away from here, away from this. Go to answer the questions that seemed to have hidden answers.

Just as I was preparing my escape, he turned around. His silver eyes were staring into the depths of mine. He paused his walking as if he were waiting on me, so I disappointedly continued walking until I was directly beside him. From there, we continued walking side-by-side.

"What did Elliot say that you agreed with?" I asked finally allowing the question that's been nagging at my brain to resurface.

He didn't say anything for a while. Alpha King Sir. just kept walking with a much slower pace due to my legs not being able to keep up. He was very tall, it was obvious that he towered over my build. All werewolves are tall, it's apart of our genes. Alpha King Sir. on the other hand, he was a giant.