17 | кιѕѕєѕ ∂σn'т ℓιє

When you touch me, I feel a rush
But I'm afraid that it might crush me

Chapter 17 ~ Kisses Don't Lie

Bobby Cooper

What I had intended to be a brief (emphasis on brief) peck on the lips with my best friend had turned into something much more provocative.  In the matter of seconds, Ryan had wrapped his arms around my neck to pull hungrily on my hair which seemed to be out of pure instinct, and soon thereafter, we found ourselves in the middle of a very hot makeout session.

Ryan moaned through his lips as he kissed me which, to be clear, was mostly him kissing me. I stood there and let him, going through the motions until he seemed to have enough so that I could tell him how much of a lying piece of shit he was.

It was strange for this to be happening now of all possible moments. After all, I had just gotten back with Liza and we were doing pretty well considering all of our failed past attempts at this relationship, and I had just cleared my head of all possible thoughts of Ryan since it was obvious that was what he wanted from me. But somehow, I was standing on my best friend's porch while holding him in my arms, probing my tongue into his mouth, and somewhat not-altogether enjoying it.

Yikes.

After a full moment of lip-smacking and heavy breathing, Ryan finally seemed to sense that his gay was showing because he placed his hands on my chest to try to create distance between us. "Bobby..." he said, breathless. His hazel eyes were glancing up at me, holding something strange within them, "I ... why would you—I don't ... what?"

"I'll tell you what," I jeered as I smacked his shoulder, hard, "you're a fucking liar." Even though I had caught him red-handed by way of the classic scientific method, Ryan seemed to be unfazed by my discovery; he just kept looking at me with that dumb face. "You're totally in love with me."

Ryan's shoulders dropped as he released a heavy sigh. "So what? You want a prize?"

I opened my mouth to tell him that, yes, I wanted a prize, but I stopped myself when I realized I didn't exactly know what I was trying to prove. When Mr. Adney told me that my best friend had been in love with me this whole time, I knew I had to find out for myself, but I never once stopped to think of what would happen when I did find out.

I figured it'd be something we could laugh at, but Ryan wasn't laughing. He was burning holes into my soul with his deadly stare.

"Ryan?" I prompted as I reached out to poke his cheek with my finger, hoping to invoke some sort of reaction out of him, but his countenance remained. "Ryan..."

He slapped my hand away. "What now? You're going to tell me that you don't ever want to talk to me again?"

"Why would I do that? You're the one who ended our friendship because you had the hots for me which is such a dick move! You made it seem like I was the one with the problem!"

I didn't think it would be possible to visualize the amount of anger radiating from Ryan, but his frustration was definitely palpable. "You do have a problem!" he shouted. "You just kissed me just to prove a dumb point, not giving a fuck about how it'd make me feel like you always do. You only care about yourself!"

I wanted to laugh at how the script seemed to flip on me. Like always, Ryan was painting me out to be the bad guy when he was the one who had lied to me all this time. I let him give me a blowjob, thinking that it'd help him out on his search for a boy toy, but that wasn't even his true intention. He used me, and yet I was the one who was in the wrong. "A dumb point?" I challenged him by raising my voice louder than his. "What's dumb about you wanting to fuck me for eight whole years?"