Pet peeves of each mbti

ENFP Pet Peeves

Being Micro-Managed: Freedom-loving ENFPs enjoy space and creativity to accomplish tasks to their standard. Being around rigid rule-enforcers and overly-attentive managers makes them feel that they aren’t free to imagine, innovate, and do what they do best.

One-Word Responses: If you’re texting an ENFP or calling them on the phone, try to give a more elegant answer than “OK” or a thumbs-up sign. Don’t make them do all the heavy-lifting in the conversation unless you’re just too busy to talk.

Being Told How They Feel: If an ENFP is describing their feelings to you, it’s best to practice actively listening. Don’t tell them how they feel or that what they are feeling is invalid.

ENTP Pet Peeves

Bootlickers/Suck-Ups: People who overly-flatter other people, especially those in authority, are maddening to ENTPs.   Ever the rebels, these personality types believe in truth over good impressions.

Traditionalism: ENTPs are extremely innovative and hate having to do things the way they’ve always been done. To the ENTP, change and transformation is the oxygen that gives them life and meaning. Everything can be made better. Everything can be looked at from an alternate perspective.

Argument-Stiflers: ENTPs enjoy a good debate, and nothing kills their enjoyment like the well-meaning peacemaker who shuts it down because they assume there is bad intent. ENTPs enjoy a friendly argument and rarely instigate one out of meanness or anger.

INFP Pet Peeves

Phony Behavior: Talking badly behind someone’s back, sucking up to authorities, or in any way being inauthentic is a major turn-off for INFPs. As people who value sincerity to a high degree, these types find any display of manipulation or fakery exasperating.

Being Told to “Hurry Up”: INFPs need time to decide on everything from relationships to the flavor of ice cream they’re craving. Being backed into a corner or forced to make a decision prematurely makes them stressed and frustrated.

Assumptions About People: INFPs believe that every individual is a collage of 1000 different unique traits, dreams, strengths, and weaknesses. People who assume that they’ve got anyone else “figured out” seem pretentious to them.

INTP Pet Peeves

Straw-Man Arguments: If you’re going to get into an argument with an INTP you’d better come prepared, because these types are masters in the art of logical debate. Logical fallacies, especially straw-man fallacies, irk them tremendously. “What’s a straw-man fallacy?” This type of logical fallacy is essentially an attack where one opponent argues that a person holds a view they actually don’t believe. So instead of arguing the ACTUAL statement that was presented, they argue a distorted version.

Vaguebooking: If you’re going to go to the trouble of posting something publicly on Facebook or Twitter, at least be clear about your meaning. Vague, passive-aggressive posts just seem attention-seeking to INTPs.

Encroaching on Physical Space: If you see an INTP reading a book, scrolling through their phone, or otherwise absorbed in thought, don’t push yourself into their space unless they’ve made it explicitly clear they want you to (as in the case of romantic partners, children, etc,.). INTPs need more personal space than most people and feel anxious or irritated when they are intruded on.