8.

⚫

"We offer to raise the profit by ten percent!", The CEO of Marcos corporation said.

"What is the guaranty!?", Sir questioned.

"I believe your dad worked with us because of the commitment.", He justified.

Feeling the need to interrupt, I said, "Sir you never fulfilled your commitment then. Sir James regretted the deal badly."

His face paled, "Erica...."

The meeting was coming to conclusion. The deal with Marcos is a trash. And it'll be better if we back off from it.

Just then, I felt someone nudge me at me elbow. When I turned in the direction, I found my boss glaring at me.
"You are not the CEO of my company but Just a damn PA, so stop insulting my clients.", My boss yelled at me, shocking everyone on the table that included Mr. Marcos, his PA, our accountant and the two bodyguards.
Even the other people at the restaurant turned to look at us startled.

My face paled in embarrassment. I held a significant position with Sir James. Lest the continuous insults I am facing.

The meeting then continued, but I didn't look up at all.

They shook hands and the meeting ended.
I gulped hard and left as soon as they departed..
The tear that I was holding finally left my eyes, and I burst into sobs.

I don't want to cry, but the amount of embarrassment I had to stay there with was too much to bear.
I believe I am a emotional person.

But I won't let anyone see my tears.

Why me!?

As bad as it may sound, I am losing my calm.

He came and opened the other door of the car, settling himself in.

I turned my head and wiped off all the traces of tears. Even if I am suffering, he doesn't need to know. He shouldn't get the satisfaction!

"Where to Ma'am!?", Asked Stephen, looking at me through the rear view apologetically.

"I'll take the day off Stephan. I am calling in ill. Rest you can go to office. There's nothing significant left for the day.", I told him.

"No one's calling in unless I allow!", Yeah! He won't let me live in peace.
"Drop us at my penthouse Stephan."

On the way, I realized my head is literally paining. It always does when I cry. I held it between my hands to give it a gentle squeeze.

"We are here!", Stephen announced and I got off the car immediately not able to bear his presence near me.

I took an advil and began working, as his maid. He was already surrounding my life twenty four hours, and I couldn't help but hate this fact.
I am overworking and under-feeding myself, and this is taking a toll on me.