24.

E R I C A

"I will come in few minutes."

And he has been gone for hours.
James was sitting with his face down, and Jess was already shedding tears.
Nonna was trying her best to console her, but herself was drowning in the misery.

What is happening here!?

Is it something I need to know!?

I know I am an outsider but may be I can help.

I can't call David because he is running behind Venus to explain why he went to another woman, when he already announced her as his girlfriend.
I didn't like Sir's approach in the beginning, but realized it was necessary for David.
He needs to know the importance of being loyal in a relationship.

I headed towards James, "James...What is happening!? Tell me...May be I can do something."

James looked up with eyes having unshed tears.
And seeing such a strong and jovial man like James in this condition literally broke my heart.

I felt a sudden surge of anger towards my boss, who was the cause this family is in grief.
It was a simple dinner.

On the other hand, a voice inside me says it was not a simple dinner.
Because as soon as we arrived here, I saw him lost in some other world, and in spite of maintaining a stoic face, his eyes were looking as if trapped in a storm.

"There is nothing you can do Erica. We should have accepted that this place is not good for Eric. We deliberately pushed him into this hell."
I couldn't understand a single reason why I can't help..

I walked away from him and decided to go upstairs, where Sir went.

But just as I reached the end of the stairs, I saw him coming down, with his jacket in his hands, and while folding his sleeves upto elbows.

Just as he was to go past me, he stopped.
I couldn't see his face because he was looking straight.
"Book my tickets for the next flight to States."

Before I could digest the shock, he went past me and his family to take his place in the dining table.

His food was already served, and so he started eating.
But when I saw him properly, he was not actually eating, rather shoving food in his mouth, as if that's a courtesy.

Dazed and Shocked, everyone took their place around him, including me.

Nonna spoke up, "Eric..Child go slow...You'll chok."

But he didn't stop.

This time I was sitting in front of him, and I saw his face.

It was nothing like I saw in the last few days, rather the unfamiliarity was so much, it looked like I don't know this man.
His eyes were red and swollen.

No one touched the food.

And when he was finished eating, or more precisely pushing food down his throat, he stood up.

"Nonna I am leaving to States, I have got some important work.", And with that he walked away.

Jess burst into sobs, and I ran towards her, but James stopped me, "Erica you please go with him. He needs someone by his side. I will ask the driver to drop Mom."

And so I ran in his direction.

He got in the car, after snatching keys from Stephan.
I gave Stephan an apologetic look and he nodded in understanding.

He was about to start the car, when I got in the passenger seat.

Completely unbothered by my presence, he started driving.
I didn't utter a single word because I knew better.