T E N

T E N
6lack, free.

"Is that her?" I heard her ask as I moved as fast as I could. Her voice didn't sound malicious at all.

It was unfortunate that it didn't, it would've been easier to hate her. Alas, it sounded soft and somewhat afraid – as though she already knew the answer was 'yes' and she was dreading it.

I'm only assuming he told her about me, although, isn't that reason enough to hate her? She's deliberately leaving me mate-less.

My wolf hearing just wouldn't let me rest, "Yes." I heard him answer.

"Oh my goddess, I have to speak to her – wait!" She yelled after me, "Please, wai –"

Micah's voice was loud as he intervened, "What the hell is wrong with you Maddy? No, leave her alone."

"Oh please, that's what I told you to do but look at you, you went after her."

I started to wonder when I'd get far enough from them as to not hear their conversation until I realised there's hundreds of people here. I'm obviously hearing their conversation specifically because, subconsciously, I want to hear it.

I could feel their eyes on the back of my head, I almost wanted to laugh. He was powerless here on human soil, he couldn't demand them to stop the plane. He couldn't do shit but watch me leave, if he mishandled me I could cry out and they would arrest him. I was free to leave but I just couldn't move.

I stood a few feet away from the ticket lady and she was giving me a weird look that clearly said 'if you don't hand me that ticket, I will shut the door miss' however, I couldn't move.

My hands were gripping the trolley and I genuinely could not move. I looked away from the lady and stared at my hands and then my feet, why couldn't I move? I could still feel the eyes on the back of my head and I fully knew that they were watching me as hawks gawk at their prey.

The lady approached me, "Is this your flight, Miss?"

"Yes."

She nodded, "Well, I'm going to have to shut the door if you're not going to hand me your ticket."

I looked into her eyes, "I-I know."

She glanced behind me, "Is that your boyfriend and best friend?"

I snorted, "No."

Her eyes went wide and she quickly looked away from the pair, "I apologise, they're looking at you so intently and the boy looks very saddened by your departure. I just assumed... my apologies."

I smiled sweetly at her, "It's okay, really." Looking behind me I saw the pair now caught up in another hushed conversation, "Is there some place else I could go?"

"What do you mean?"

Pointing at the board flashing 'London' I elaborate, "I can't go there anymore so isn't there some flight leaving right this moment I could quickly hop onto."

The lady twisted her lips as she made a quick face, "Unfortunately not, although, there will be a quick layover. Perhaps you could get off there?"