F I F T Y - T W O

F I F T Y - T W O
spectrum ft. ria choony, take you there.

Amir is at the bottom of the escalators waiting for us, my hands wave hysterically as I move down the incredibly slow escalator. When I reach the bottom I run towards him, more than excited to finally see my friend again.

I throw my hands behind him as he lifts me in a strong embrace. When I'm set down I wear the biggest smile, "My goodness, Amir! I've missed you so much, how are you?"

He laughs lightly, "Hey, Queen-to-be, I'm alright and how are you?"

I shove him lightly, "Don't you dare call me that, I'm great. This is," I turn just as everyone joins us pointing them out as I say their names.

Asanté and Danica would be joining us tomorrow which was even more perfect. Everyone greets Amir as he leads us to the limousine, an entirely different car followed behind holding the luggage.

"Lerato, I know you haven't been here in a minute but why on earth did you pack so much?" Amir says as he looks at the rearview mirror, watching the bags being loaded into the car.

I knew the answer but I hadn't discussed it with anyone so I just shrugged and threw out any excuse, "Listen, it doesn't hurt anyone to have a few extra outfits. You don't know my plans."

To be honest, I had every intention to rule from here. Nothing in me wants to remain in South Africa, the UAE has been a good restart for me and so would this position. Everything has just started afresh for me and I think now more than ever being here is what I need.

I couldn't live in that palace, a place he once lived and breathed. I couldn't rule from his chambers, sit in his office, take walks in his backyard. I wouldn't be able to cope back there, I needed to start my life here. Without looking back.

They could keep everything as is, just remove the gates around the City. Have a gate around the palace, sure but not around the Royal City, there shall no longer be a Royal City. No one has to move from there but it will no longer be a separate space, a wonder to unseen eyes.

Just another werewolf town.

My biggest issue now would be building a home here, that would take a while but it would have to be done. I can't stay with those two brothers forever, I would surely go mad. Their bickering is hilarious but I doubt I would think that on day three hundred of living with them.

I suppose that would be a part time home until ours is completely done.

"Hey, snap out of it. We're not here to think so hard." Raheem whispers in my ear, everyone was chatting away whilst I was locked up in my own thoughts.

I smile at him before placing a light kiss on his neck, laying my head on his shoulder, "Sorry, I did get a little carried away."

A feather light kiss goes on my head, "It's okay, it's been quite the few weeks."

I didn't even bother paying attention to the conversations around me, my eyes just drifted from face to face and I couldn't help the smile on mine. Kuhle and Tshiamo really looked happier, they look quite a bit better and I was happy about that.

"Where are we staying?" I asked Raheem as I took one of his hands in both of mine. Playing with his fingers as we spoke.

"My place, seeing as everyone is in a couple there'll be enough rooms."