T H I R T E E N

T H I R T E E N
kiana ledé, fairplay.

Disclaimer: please remember this is a work of fiction, I have never been to the UAE nor do I know how things work there so this is mostly the work of my imagination. AND this is not a book that contains religion so please please refrain from projecting any religious notions. They're wolves, they have no religion so there is no religion.

The entire taxi ride back to the hotel I couldn't help but think how liberating and exhilarating the experience was. I almost felt like an entirely different person, almost felt as though I had been freed of everything that had happened before that.

I felt refreshed and ready to tackle anything, ready to be a new and better version of myself.

Micah has chosen his soulmate, he is Bound to someone else. He belongs with someone else, I have to close that chapter. It was an incredibly short chapter but nonetheless, it needs to be closed and I need to move right along.

Not meaning I need to find someone new but rather, I should just leave him behind. Start a new chapter or better yet a new book.

The driver clears his throat rather loudly and says, "We've arrived ma'am."

Blinking my eyes a few times I realised that we are indeed parked in front of the hotel.

"I'm so sorry, thank you sir." I pay the driver and step out of the car.

He drives away and I glance at my Apple Watch, the monitor informing me that it is only quarter past four. Instead of heading inside I decide to find a restaurant to dine at before heading into the hotel.

I walk a few blocks before I come across a Chinese restaurant, instantly craving some deep fried dumplings I enter the restaurant. It's very Chinese inspired and I smile, I almost felt transported.

The red, light and dark brown hues complimenting the beautiful shop. I'm directed to a table before a menu is placed before me, as soon as I'm done thanking the waitress I notice a familiar face. I gently call back for the waitress and notify her that I'll be moving over to the other table.

Well, what if he doesn't want company? I scold as soon as the waitress nods in understanding, I immediately scowl wishing I'd have thought of that before I spoke. Shrugging off the thought I approach the dark haired man, sliding into his booth.

I flash him a wide toothy smile, "Hey Amir."

He smiles back before letting out a chuckle his dimples popping out, "Hey Lerato."

My brows furrow, "What's so funny?"

I mean, I knew I was funny but I hadn't even been there a minute and he was chuckling.

He shook his head, "Never seen you smile that wide." I narrowed my eyes at his response, "Heck," He rubs his chin, "Have I ever even seen you smile?"

I don't know who the question is directed towards or whether or not it is even a question. I let out a chuckle and shrug, "Well, you've seen it now."

He shakes his head lightly, "And it's beautiful." My only response is a shy smile.

It's the second time Amir has left me speechless and feeling the slightest bit shy, I hope he doesn't make it a habit. Although, I wouldn't complain if he did.