V

May 2016

we get to see our family once a month. Depending on how good our behaviour is since I've been in solitary 3 times this month, I'm not getting family time.

It doesn't hurt me much, I told my family to stop visiting anyway. I never want them to see me like this.

but that never stopped Ethan from writing. He always writes, I just never write back.

"Is he cute?" Bambi asks when I tell her about Ethan and his letters,

"I  mean he's related to me so he has to be." She laughs at that and I give her a small smile before taking out the letters.

The guards pre-open the letters just in case there are some incriminating things in there, hence why Ethan and I use the code we made up as kids.

"How can you even read that?" Bambi questions and I shrug

"It's a Westwood thing."

"Well, what does it say?"

I look at the jumped up letters and piece them together

Hi Gigi,

You didn't write back again but that's okay I guess. Just wanted to tell you we heard the news of you maybe coming home in a few years, Mum and Dad are ecstatic. I just don't want to believe it until you're here.
I have a friend who's around your age, his sister is in prison too. He's really cool to hang out with and he's super popular which makes me popular by association.
Just wanted to say I love you. Stay safe, Dad's working on your case some more. Don't lose hope.

- Ethan

Bambi wipes the lone tear that falls from my eyes. "At least they wrote to you,"

Bambi's family aren't allowed communication with her, otherwise, it would have seemed like they planned her extortion and they all go down.

I just miss him but maybe it's better if he just forgets about me.

***

September 2018

"Where are you going?" Ethan asks as I look for my keys in the living room.

"Vivian's," I respond honestly and he sits up from the couch, pausing the game he was playing

"Really? Why?" he questions confused, "Actually don't answer that, I'm just glad you have a friend."

"We're not friends." I point out, "We just have the same objective." Ethan looked like was about to question what that objective was but thought against it, resuming his game and laying back on the couch.

I call out a bye before I leave. It's almost foreign to me to leave via my front door. When I left the house to meet Flynn I escaped my second-floor bedroom by jumping out the window. My parents never knew where I was but it was okay for me because I thought I was having fun and that was what a relationship was supposed to be like.

Let's just say now I put the address of where I'm going on the fridge door.

Vivian's house was not that far from mine but it was as big as I expected it to be. Vivian looks like she lives a privileged life, more so than Kayla but she's a lot more likeable than Kayla which just goes to show what good upbringing does. 

she opened the door in her pyjamas which looked like they were made of silk, "You came."

"You invited me." I remind her as she opens the door for me to enter

"Yes, but I didn't give you my address meaning you went searching. I love proactive people," she comments and I look at her for a second before shrugging

"Caleb gave it to me."

This caused her to raise her eyebrows, "That is even more interesting."

"Not really, I asked and I received." I comment, "But I'm not here to chat,"

She nods her head before turning sharply and indicating for me to follow. "Caleb is my next door neighbour," she announces as we step outside to the side of her massive house and I thought I was rich. "Kayla announced to Paulette and I that she's planning to the trench coat drop this week, I convinced her to do it on Saturday morning where I could make sure he's home alone."

There were sounds of a tyre coming from nearby and I turned to see a red Porshe driving down the driveway next door.

"Here," Vivan says and I look to see a camera in her hands.

I grabbed the camera and turned back to watch the scene unfold, "What if he actually takes her up on the offer?"

Vivian laughs, "He never does but she's delusional."

That made me wonder how many times she's tried it and why she doesn't feel embarrassed yet but I shrugged and lifted the camera to my eye. "Is the flash on?"

"Nope."

I smiled a little as I took a picture of her getting out the car in the brown coat making sure her face was visible in the picture. I watched as Caleb opened the door and I took a picture of his stoic expression and another of her naked flat ass being exposed after dropping it on his doorstep.

"She really did it," I mutter as I take a picture of Caleb bending down to pick up the jacket and another of him passing it to her.

He said a few more words to her before shutting the door. The dude didn't even let her in! Excuse me whilst I die from second-hand embarrassment. 

I took another picture of her facing the door with the coat only covering her front. She must have heard the shutter go off because she turned around causing me to dive into the bushes so I don't get caught

Vivian stayed upright and waved, "Guess it didn't work!" she shouts 

I could barely see Kayla leave but I heard the engine spring to motion indicating that she's left so I push myself out the bushes, without Vivian's help might I add, and brush the dust off my jeans.

"That was good wasn't it." Vivian smiles, "If you don't mind, I'm going back to bed."

"Not until I know what to do with these pictures. Is there a way you could send them to me?

"Keep the camera, I don't need it. You just import the pictures onto a USB then give them to Jude. He'll know what to do." She says as she starts to walk into her house again.

"And he'll help me?" I ask

"At a price, everything comes at a price."