vi.

𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒
+
𝐕𝐈𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

The first few days since the fog faded were disappointing, to say the least

The first few days since the fog faded were disappointing, to say the least. The birds were beautiful, as was the landscape, except for how completely and utterly bare it was. It would have been perfect if not for the reason they were there was to find a kingdom. But there had been no signs of civilisation. From a farm to a village and certainly not a castle.

But as they sailed along, it did not prevent wonder from the new land. Every day and every night, there were discussions amongst the crew. Hours spent documenting and mapping out the land and animals which they had seen upon it. Sansa had felt bad upon gushing wonder about the new land and the beauty of the river delta they had sailed past. For their ship did not fit up there, so nor did Arya's.

They sailed down the coastline, further and further south. Eyes constantly scanning the areas and horizons for any sign of civilisation or ship. Many a time, did they drop an anchor and travel in a smaller boat to explore the coastline from the ground. Firstly to study the botanical environment, and secondly to hunt and forage for things that might have been edible.

Half of the ship had gone, this time, but Sansa could not bring herself to leave the ship. Fingers pressed into the pendant around her neck. It was a circular pendant, like that of a large coin, the Stark direwolf embossed onto it. It rested upon a leather band and usually hung inside of her dress, but that day, she sat and fidgeted with it. Focusing on the texture of raised patches, the beasts fur. Her eyes closed momentarily, pressed shut and wishing for the gods to answer her prayers. They likely could not hear, for she was not in a godswood, nor near a heart tree, nor a weirwood, but she prayed none the less. 

In the coming days, she would spot a pack of wolves running across the hilly grasslands by a beach and laugh. The crew would smile at the sight, and the pack would howl a greeting. Sansa howled her own in return. The pack of eight shook their coats and played in the light. The leader looked out to their ship and Sansa wondered if she was capable of warging, just as Jon and Bran were. As Arya could, as Robb and Rickon likely would have been. That day ended the same as the others, unfortunately disappointing.

However, one sunny day, most of those on the ship had deserted to forage and stretch their legs. Many of her queensguard going with them, eager to explore. Sansa bid them to go, regardless of her own desire to remain on board.