xiii.

𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒
+
𝐕𝐈𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

Thankfully, after the late night of interaction, the fires had dimmed to warm charcoal

Thankfully, after the late night of interaction, the fires had dimmed to warm charcoal. The soft breeze carried the scent of honeysuckle on the wind. Just the lightest touch of such a sweet was able to make the time the red haired woman was forced to rise at slightly more bearable. The golden light of the sun sparkled from the East, not yet hot enough in its fire to warm the day aptly. Sansa was thankful to note that Alva, nor any other person she had sat and talked with seemed to remember a word she had spoken of Westeros and it's honestly, now placed in perspective, absolutely insane bullshit going on.

Life within the camp was akin to normalcy, almost. People mulled about, mildly important tasks upon their minds. Or, even time for leisure and relaxation, as many had ventured to the river to bathe, whilst others slept in, or sat upon the logs by the small fires, combing their hair and sharpening weaponry. Blue eyes found Floki's form, hunched by a cooling bowl of mulled oats, in his hands, however, was his knife, and a small chunk of wood. Around him lay an array of small figurines. Many of them were boats, and it brought a small smile to her lips. He had often talked of how his boats were what truly made their sailing great.

A tree stump had been morphed into a table, and around it, sat many a men and women alike. Upon the table, multiple coin purses were placed upon it. Sansa tilted her head, her feet led her leisurely toward the group. Many were often sat around it, playing one game or another, sometimes it was with a board and pieces, akin to cyvasse, othertimes, cards. Her eyes peered down, it was cards.

Sansa kept her eyes focused on the game, as many others did, only, she was attempting to learn its rules as well. A few of the players were familiar, Alva, Tostig, and even Rollo, were playing intently, and not many of them had remotely decent poker faces.

Glee shone through Alva's eyes, and the slight upturn of her lips. The woman's eyes darted up to Sansa and she offered the slightest nod of acknowledgement, Sansa did the same in return before Alva refocused on her task at hand, swindling money from her competitors like taking candy from a baby. Sansa returned her gaze to the game, and watched intently for ten more minutes, then, like a prowling wolf, she began to pace wide, steady circles, easily brushed off as the need to stretch her legs.

Many crowded those playing, obviously having thrown in their own bets on who would win, and they leant heavily over those playing, peering deeply at the cards and just as invested, if not more so than those actually playing. Sansa, however, was doing the exact same. Blue eyes having landed upon each player's cards. It seemed they needed to collect a matching set of ten cards, yet as a six-sided dice rolled, and whoever's turn it was got to pick another player and rob them of however many cards the number the dice had dictated. Leaving the receiver to be given the cards the other no longer needed or wanted.