chapter six

crowley and aziraphale woke up to the sound of their alarm. crowley got out of bed amd shut the alarm off, then opened the closet.

"i wear the same goddamn thing everyday." crowley huffed. aziraphale propped himself up on his side.

"i like your clothes."

"thanks, i feel goth." crowley got dressed and looked at aziraphale. "come on, get up. we have work."

aziraphale yawned. "yeah, i know." he got out of bed and changed.

crowley smiled at him.

"i like your hair. i like red."

"my hair is WHaT now?" aziraphale looked at him confused.

"...your hair... is... red...?"

"is it?"

"you didnt know that..?"

"no. i cant see it."

"youre colorblind, dear?" crowley nodded.

"i can only see yellow and blue, i thought you knew that."

"how come?"

"snake things, i guess."

aziraphale nodded. "snake things... thats why you run red lights!"

"yeah i really dont care even if i could see the color."

"okay, okay. we need to get going!" crowley put his jacket on and took aziraphales hand.

they walked out of their flat, hand in hand, to crowleys car. crowley started it, then drove to the school. aziraphale turned up the radio. surprise, surprise, it was queen! more specifically, 'good old-fashioned lover boy'.

that song was crowley and aziraphales. back in the seventies, crowley was friends with freddie mercury. before they married, crowley and aziraphale were distant during that time.

crowley told freddie about aziraphale, and feeling sorry for his new friend, wrote a song about aziraphale. crowley listens to queen all the time now, as a thank you.

crowley looked at aizraphale, who was humming along quietly. he put his hand on top of aziraphales, interlocking their fingers. they smiled at each other. everything felt good.

-time skip to school-

dr. crowley was talking about his own plants tp the class when dr. fell rushed in. "uh- anthony i need to talk to you."

crowley looked at him. "hold on class, i need to talk to dr. fell." the walked into his office and shut the door.

"crowley, i think the angels are coming to get me. i can sense something. i think.. i- oh i dont know! please dont let them take me!" aziraphale pleaded.

"angel, calm down. im not gonna let them take you."

"but... gabriel! michael told him about stuff ive been doing down here! shes ruthless, crowley!" crowley sighed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"you trust me, right?"

"of course!"

"then do you trust that i wont let them touch you?" aziraphale paused, then nodded. "good. i dont care what gabriel says, no one is taking my angel."

aziraphale smiled and kissed him quickly. "i have to go."

crowley smiled back. "so do i." they walked out of the office and aziraphale walked back to his classroom.

the student looked at dr. crowley. "so... its true? you and dr. fell are married?" crowley bit inside his cheek.

"yeah, we are."

"cool! do we still have to call you dr. crowley though? you seem like the type thats okay with being called their first name."

"uh- sure?"

"lit."

-----

"dr. fell, when did you and dr. crowley get married?" aziraphale smiled thinking aout it.

"seven years ago. nearly the end of the world! he and i went out to celebrate and he proposed!" the class all nodded and smiled. a student opened the door and peeked in.

"dr. fell?" aziraphale looked over at the student.

"how may i help you?"

"im a new student... i got transferred from my other university."

aziraphale grabbed a paper from his desk. "lets see... adam... adam young?" the student nodded.

"yeah, thats me." aziraphale was looking at him.

"you... i know you."