chapter eight (final chapter)

-time skip to lunch-

crowley was sitting at the fountain, checking out himself in the reflection of the water. aziraphale walked to the fountain and sat beside him.

"good afternoon, my love." crowley looked at him with the biggest heart eyes.

"my love? thats new." aziraphale shrugged and kissed his cheek.

"are you ready?" crowley nodded and both of them stood up, interlocking their hands.

"whats the plan, then?"

"i was thinking we could get something quick, then have some time to ourselves..?"

crowley smiled at him.

"i have an idea for what we could do." aziraphale amd crowley started walking to the cafeteria.

"and what is that?"

"i could teach you how to dance!" aziraphale smiled.

"ive... really only learned the gavotte... and that was a long time ago! are you sure?"

crowley nodded. "of course i am, lets hurry and eat so i can teach you."

they quickly went to the cafeteria and ate lunch, then went to crowleys classroom. crowley took off his jacket and held out his hand.

"youre lucky im teaching you. any other demon wouldve killed your calves." aziraphale giggled and took his hand.

"i guess i am grateful for that, any other demon wouldve annoyed me to beyond."

crowley grinned and started showing him how to slow dance. carefully showing all the right steps and etiquette.

aziraphale had started to understand what he was supposed to do, but as an angel, it doesnt always come naturally.

crowley held him close, softly muttering the steps so aziraphale can hear. aziraphale laid his head on crowleys shoulder, holding his hands as they danced.

everything was alright. sevens years ago they nearly lost their home. seven years ago, they would have never admitted their feelings.

they knew that everything would be alright.

and theyre happy with it.