27. Manners

Axels P.O.V-

Axel slowed the horse he and Freya were on to a stop as Roger halted in front of him. Axels green eyes looked around the area. They were still in the woods, but they had passed the town and were on the opposite side of it. Axel spotted a neatly built, small wooden cabin, two windows on the front walls and a large shed behind it. A fence guarded the area and Roger got off of the horse he was on and unlocked the fence, then guided the horse through. Axel walked his horse through the fence, looking around.

"Is this your home?" He asked Roger, who was on the ground and closing the gate to the fence. He locked it. His Hazel eyes looked up at Axel as Axel waited for further instructions.

"Yes, built it all myself!" Roger responded proudly, staring at the house for a minute before sighing and leading the horse to the shed like area.

"You can put your horse in here and then we'll head in." Roger said, and Axel nodded and headed over there. He halted the horse and then blinked, feeling Freya's head against his bare back, her skin warm against his....Oh. Right.

Roger guided his horse into one stall as Axel smiled to himself, turning his head and seeing Freya against him, her eyes closed.

"Freya?" No response came from her lips as Axel sighed and then lifted her up with one hand, then turned and let her fall back against him so she was facing him.  Her brown waves fell into her face and he gently brushed them away, carefully so he wouldn't  wake her up.

Awkwardly, he managed to keep her up while he carefully climbed down from the horse, keeping her leaned up with one hand. She was a deep sleeper, not waking up.

He then grabbed her and lowered her, shocked she hadn't woken up yet, then swept his arms under her so she wouldn't fall. He held her in his arms for a moment and then he looked down, his face flushing. Why was he suddenly...? He shook his head and looked away. He watched Roger close the stall door and then turn around, his eyes narrowing as he saw Axel and the sleeping Freya in his arms.

"Uh...there's a couch inside..." he said, blinking, and Axel saw jealousy enter his hazel gaze. Almost smirking as Axel's thoughts and guesses about Roger liking Freya were confirmed, he nodded and turned toward the house, letting Roger take care of his horse.

Axel walked under the shade of pine trees as he walked up a few steps and opened the door, careful not to put enough pressure on his ankle. He walked in, then flinched and looked down as Freya shifted, his orbs on her closed eyelids. He blinked, then sighed in relief as she stayed asleep. Looking around, Axel realized that the house wasn't too full, there was two rooms.

To his left there was the couch and a fireplace, a small table near it, and to the right there was a simple kitchen. In front of him there was a staircase. He guessed that there were bedrooms up there. Axel stepped forward, the wooden floor sturdy beneath his feet. Axel narrowed his eyes as he saw the couch, noticing that it wasn't very clean. A few things were spread on it and he decided Freya wasn't going to lay there.

He looked around, there weren't any other chairs. What about upstairs?

He wasn't going upstairs with his foot.

Axel groaned internally, his arms supporting Freya but getting tired. She wasn't heavy. He was just...not as strong...no. He decided it was because he had been beaten up earlier. Awkward, he walked over to the couch, clearing a space and leaning down so he could blow off some of the dust. He stood and then looked down at Freya. She was still in her...swim clothes...He blinked, looking back up. She was probably cold. He gently laid her down and then looked around. There was a small blanket at the edge of the sofa so he grabbed it and he placed it over her.