Chapter 3

Hadley was at Auradon Prep at her locker. Ben surprised her by saying, Hi, Hads. Hi. She said and he said, I have a little surprise for you. Hadley asked, Again? Wow. That's like every day now. Ben said, Or every other day. The even dates. Because you're... even more perfect than I thought.

Hadley said, That is me. I am perfect. She knew that was a total lie. She was the daughter of Hades. She wasn't perfect. Ben said, Come on, let me spoil you. You didn't have a lot growing up. Hadley said, We managed. He saw her spell book and said, Hey, didn't you donate that to the museum?

Hadley said, Is that still in there? Um, I got to get to class. I really don't want to be late. Ben said, No. You come this way. First off... Ta-da! He took the cloth of and there was a blue with black Vespa.

Hadley said, What?! Ben asked, You like it? Hadley said, Ben... does an ogre like cheese puffs? This is amazing! It's purple. I didn't get you anything. Ben said, You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods, remember?

Hadley said, No, that's Thursday. It is Thursday.
Ben said and Hadley said, No, it's not. Ben said, Yes, it is. Hadley said, No, it's not. It is. Ben said and Hadley finally said, I knew that. Ben said, I mean, if you don't have it, that's fine.

Hadley said, No, no, no. I was fully messing with you. I knew it was Thursday. I just have one more thing to go bake, and then I am all yours. Ben said, Well, what about class? Hadley replied saying, She multi tasks. She dabbles. Ben said and Hadley said, She dabbles. You're the best! Ben said and Hadley said, That's me! Hadley knew she was going to have to find a spell to help her with the food.

In Carlo's and Jay' dorm

Carlos typed on his computer, "How to get out of the friend zone." The Reporter said, They dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Carlos said, I see you reading over my shoulder, to Dude.

The TV said, Six months ago, no one thought... the wrong side of the bridge would last. Hadley must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion, when she will officially become a Lady of the Court.

Hadley stormed in with her hair red with anger and Carlos said, Whoa. Easy, girl. She yelled, What? You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, "Boo," but, you know what I--

Carlos said, I'm sorry. Her hair went to a brunette again and Hadley asked, Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you? Carlos said, You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No. Oh, hey! Did you bring it?

Chad came in and said, Hi. Just came to use your 3D printer. Won't be a sec. Carlos asked, How'd you get a key to my room? Chad said, Oh, I printed it off last time I was in here. Uh... you guys were sleeping. Look, I just-- Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and--

Carlos yelled, Out! Now. Chad said, Fine. Fine. Carlos said, Chad! Chad asked, What? Hmm? Carlos said, Leave the key. Chad put it down a bit upset and Carlos said, Hads? Hadley said, Hmm? Carlos asked, My potion? Hadley said, Hmm. Yeah. Um...

She held it and he said, So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Jane? Hadley said, Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so take it or leave it.
Carlos said, Perfect. Hadley said, Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know...

Carlos said, Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess. Dude jumped and ate the gummy from Hadley's hand causing her to say, Ohh! Bad dog! Dude started talking and he said, Man, that thing was nasty! And you-- you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt. Hadley said, You heard him. Scratch his butt. Hadie. You're just gonna leave me with him? Dude said, Come on. You scratch your own all the time.