Mitchlan- Complain

Lachlan's P.O.V.

"I don't want to have another surgery." I mumbled, closing my eyes. I was already in so much pain and drugged up and just coming out of the anaesthesia, and if they had fucked up I didn't want to go back under. "The medicine is making me feel so out of it."

Mitch sighed but leaned over and tucked his hand in mine, letting me squeeze it so I could move and ignore the pain. I hated it, I hated it and I wanted to go home, I hadn't wanted to have the surgery in the first place and now that I had had it, I wished that I hadn't.

"I know." He whispered, rubbing his thumb gently along my hand. "But hopefully you won't have to. The doctor said it was only a possibility."

"I don't want it to be a possibility." I whined, wincing as I moved my legs. "I just wanna go home."

"I know." He said again. That was all he seemed to say but I didn't blame him, he had had to put up with me and my anxiety before the surgery, me coming out of the anaesthesia and now me complaining that I was in pain and me being frustrated that I couldn't do anything. "The guys'll be visiting in about an hour, just try and rest until then."

-------------------------------------------------------

I did, barely. By the time the guys, the Click members and a few of their girlfriends and Vikk, arrived, I was in quite a bit of pain. The morphine was automatic but it really wasn't working so my entire body was aching and my hip felt like it was on fire. A nurse was in the room when they got there, giving me more pain meds.

"Hey Lachlan." Vikk whispered, replacing Mitch's spot beside me, his hand slipping into mine. "How ya feelin'?"

"Terrible." I croaked, my voice hoarse. "I'm so damn tired and sore."

"I'm not surprised." He laughed, looking around at the others. "It's only been like 6 hours since you came out of surgery."

I whined and grumbled but just closed my eyes and listened to the conversation of the others around me- Elliot and Lannan both had their girlfriends, Liv and Ilsa and Elliot's other sister, Grace, was there are well. All of the members of Click were there.

Everyone was asking Mitch how the surgery went, what had happened, if I was alright, and honestly I was glad they weren't asking me. I was exhausted and probably didn't have the energy to explain how I was 18 different times because everyone probably knew- I was tired, sore and barely able to move.

I just wanted to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

The others left sometime after I fell asleep because when I awoke it was evening and Mitch was passed out in the uncomfortable plastic chair, a blanket tucked around his shoulders.

Everything hurt.

Through my pain I managed to blindly reach out and hit the button for the nurse and they came, quickly fixing my medication. It didn't help much but it allowed me to relax for a small moment, my vision fading back in so I could grab my phone and earbuds. Mitch slept on, oblivious to what was going on.

I couldn't blame him, honestly, he had had to put up with me all day, entertain the visitors while I either complained or slept, he had had to deal with his own anxiety as well as mine before the surgery. I couldn't blame him for wanting to sleep, even if it was in a plastic chair.

I distracted myself from the pain by watching videos and checked up on my social media, tweeting out for the first time that yes, I was out of surgery, yes, I was fine and no, I wasn't dead. I replied to a couple of people asking if I was alright saying that yes I was, even if I was in a fair bit of pain. I would get Mitch to help me film a short update video when he woke up, but for now I would just let him sleep.

"Uhh" I groaned quietly, wincing in pain. "This fucking sucks."

-------------------------------------------------------

I had to stay in the hospital for almost a week and when I was released I was full time on crutches, half the time in a wheelchair too. I sucked but the pain was better, I could get myself to the bathroom at least and I had to rely on Mitch less to help me with stuff- he had time to stream and record now.

As much as I wanted to go back to recording, I couldn't. It was doctors orders to rest, no yelling, no recording, no nothing other than wandering the house, bored out of my mind. So I spent most of my time watching my friends videos, in calls on Skype with them or lying on the grass outside because I needed to get some sun somehow.

"Hey Lachlan-" Mitch said, interrupting my thoughts as I lay on the ground of my bedroom. "You right?"

"Tired." I mumbled, turning to look at him. "And sore. I kinda can't be bothered to get up."

Mitch only laughed and crouched down beside me, handing me my crutches.

"Come on you, I'll get you pizza if you get your butt down the stairs." I grinned. "That's more like it. I'll go order."

"Yay! Thanks Mitch!" I cheered, struggling to my feet and wincing as I leaned on my hip. It might have been 2 weeks since the surgery but I still could barely walk on my own and certainly couldn't get up and down the stairs on my own, so Mitch was waiting for me on the landing. He had just hung up his call with the pizza place.

"We got pizza!" He said, taking my elbow to help me down the stairs.

"You're awesome." I mumbled, wincing again. "Did you get garlic bread?"

"Yup. Chips too."

I sighed, flopping onto the couch. "You're amazing. I'll drown my pain in pizza and garlic bread."

"As much as that's not a good idea... it's also a great idea." I giggled, burying my head in the cushions. "You do that. Maybe you'll complain less."

"Maybe. Only maybe." I grinned.

He threw a pillow at me.

"I'll eat all your pizza then!"

"You wouldn't dare!" I said, aghast. I was joking though.

"I would." He snickered. "I'll eat the garlic bread too!"

I threw the cushion back, starting a mock fight between us which really wasn't a fight because I was lying down.

"You better not touch my food." I mumbled, getting my phone out. "Or I'll complain even more."