Leave.

I had spent more than two weeks in his company. And honestly, it had been better than the last 5 years le my life.

I was finally living with somebody.

Even if that somebody only "cared" because I could be useful. James was good to me. He treated me like I was important, and I barely felt lonely anymore. He even opened up to me a little.

I discovered a James Moriarty no one knew. I never thought he'd be capable of... being sweet. Because he was. He'd offer me jewelry, clothes, and many other things. I didn't care about that though.

The attention he would give me was enough. Sherlock had never asked me just once if I was alright or if I needed anything. I had learnt to know the real him.

"- Good evening" he whispered, sitting next to me.

That was a ritual of ours. After a fight, we would sit on the floor next to the fire place and speak for hours, sometimes all night long.

During one of those talks, he had told me about his parents. Drunks. Assholes.

The only person that had ever cared for him was his grandma. I told him about Sherlock and Mycroft, how they lied to my parents, pretending that I was dead.

"- Do you really hate me? You've said that quite a lot, but do you mean it?" He asked out of the blue.

"- I... No, I guess not. Not anymore at least. At first, I did, I thought you were a monster, a... a heartless psychopath.

- Am I not?

- I don't know" I said, shaking my head.

"Honestly, I dont know anymore. But I do know that I'm not better than you. I killed a man just because he had pissed me off."

Having Jim around made me feel powerful. He didn't look at me like my brothers did. Like I was a helpless kitten.

"- And I killed thousands because I wanted to. I guess we're not very good people, you and I. I thought you were on the side of the angels, like him."

I didn't know what I was. Where I belonged. Ever since I had met him, I had been terribly attracted and repelled by James Moriarty. I had tried to fight it.

To convince myself that it was wrong. That he was the worst scumbag ever. But something in me had changed. He had unleashed a part of me that I had kept hidden for years.

I was wrapped in a white blanket. I looked at him. Those beautiful eyes of his. His hair, his smile, him. The first feeling I had when he introduced himself as Jack.

I sat closer to him. Part of me was telling me to stop, but I didn't listen. I raised the blanket and put it on his shoulders. We were just sitting here, the Consulting criminal and the Consulting detective's sister, together under a blanket.

I felt his muscles tense, and for a second I thought he was going to leave. But he soon relaxed and with a smile, put his arm around my shoulders. I rested my head against his.

"- You're a very unpredictable girl. You hit me in the face, then you hold me in your arms all night.

- You're a very unpredictable man. You torture me, then you take me out for diner and touch me in very inappropriate ways. And I didn't mean to sleep in your arms, you know that.

- Didn't you, really?" He smirked.
I moved a little to face him.

"- James. Tell me, please. What do you want from me? Seriously. You can't keep me here forever, right?"

He looked me in the eyes, not saying anything. He stayed like that for a good minute and murmured:

"- You're right. You can leave. I do not need you anymore. Take what you want tomorrow morning and go away.

- What? But..."
That was it? He was letting me go just like that?

"- You were just part of a plan, darling. You didn't think I kept you here because I liked you, right? Poor thing."

Of course, I knew it. But I couldn't help but to think that maybe... maybe I was just a bit more? Tears filled my eyes as he stood up.

"- Send my love to your brother."
And he left. I was such a dumbass.

When I woke up, my pillow was soaked in my tears. I stood up, searching for my bracelet. It was made of small black pearls, with three orange rocks on top. Present from James.

I wanted to hate him again, for all of this, making me believe in his lies.
I didn't take anything else. I got out, almost running. I heard someone calling me, but didn't stop.

"- Y/n, please !"

A tall blonde guy put his hand on my shoulder. He worked for Jim. I had seen him before.

"- Sebastian, right? How can I help you?" I spat.

"- Don't leave. Please. He needs you."
Haha. Veeeeery funny.

"- Not anymore, I'm afraid. I guess he found another way to play my brother.

- No, I mean... he's changed when you're around. Stay!

- That's what I thought too! But no! He's just the asshole everyone thinks he is. Bye.

- Call me if you need."

He handed me a paper with a number and "Seb" written on it. I put it in my pocket and ran away, as far as possible from James Moriarty.