nineteen: bleed

"The cookies are gone."

"That's your fault, Tae."

"No, c'mon, don't blame this all on me, you had a share in this."

"Mhm. Whatever you say, Tiger."

Taehyung laughed at the exchange, tossing the now empty plastic container into the sink to be washed. Yoongi had since made himself comfortable on the couch. The tv was on, currently playing a series of commercials that didn't interest him in the slightest, but then again neither did whatever was playing on tv.

His gaze drifted around the room. The door caught his attention and in that moment Yoongi suddenly recalled something from earlier that day. "Hey, Taetae, where's that roommate of yours?"

"Jungkook?" Taehyung glanced over his shoulder and shrugged. "Said he was going on a walk. None of my business..."

"That was hours ago."

"Yeah?"

"It's 11 p.m., Tae," Yoongi pointed out, not hiding his concern. "Kind of a long walk, don't you think?"

"Maybe he stopped somewhere."

"You sound awfully disinterested."

"He's a grown man," Taehyung said almost in protest. "He can do what he wants, it's not my job to make sure he's home before his 'bedtime'. He acts like a child but he can take care of himself. I don't care if he's out late."

His response struck Yoongi as a bit suspicious. If anything, Taehyung almost seemed angry. His expression reflected bitterness in the smallest degree, but it was still there, under layers of some other emotions Yoongi couldn't quite decipher.

"Tae, why didn't you tell me before about having a roommate?" He asked his friend. Taehyung only sighed as he made his way over to Yoongi to sit beside him on the couch. "You look bothered, Tiger..."

"He wasn't my roommate until just recently," the other confessed. "He lost his job and apartment."

"And he approached you about it??"

"We're both music majors."

"Still, that's kind of a big favor to ask someone you don't know well or feel comfortable around." Yoongi stared at Taehyung until his friend looked back at him, somewhat guiltily. "So you're friends, then, right? I'm surprised you wouldn't tell me, Tae, you've never wanted to make other friends since high school..." 

"He's not, we don't mean anything to each other-"

"Really? Then why did he look so upset you weren't paying attention to him?"

It took Taehyung aback. Feeling an odd sensation in his chest, the boy sat back against the couch and shrunk into himself. "I didn't...notice..." He muttered.

"I didn't say anything 'cus I didn't really feel like it was my place to say," Yoongi began, "but I couldn't ignore his frequent looks at you, Tae. Like he really did not look happy you spent the whole day talking to me."

"Whatever, he's just a kid-"

"But you said he wasn't."

Now it was beginning to exasperate him, for the sole reason that he knew Yoongi had a valid point, but Taehyung wasn't in the mood to talk about it. He wanted to enjoy Yoongi's visit. That's all. Not dwell on what Jungkook meant to him, or why feeling lied to hurt more than he wished it did.

"He's Jungkook, that's what he is." Taehyung shifted his eyes over to the door but didn't move his head.

"Did you guys get into a fight or something-?"