Ten - Hael

"Angel, you're awfully quiet," Crowley said, lounging on the couch and sipping a glass of crimson wine. "Anything the matter?"

It took Aziraphale a moment to realize that the demon had spoken, and when he did he tried to shake it off. Crowley caught on rather quickly.

"Aziraphale?"

"Yes?"

"What's going on?"

"Oh. Um, well, i-it's nothing we should worry our heads over. Probably just a coincidence! Yes, that's what it was..."

Crowley sat up, his eyes boring into Aziraphale's (who refused to meet his gaze). This was a particular tactic that the demon often used to get trapped information out of his friend. Finally,
the angel couldn't take it any longer and let out an anxious whimper.

Resigned, he spoke, "Do you remember that girl we met the other day?"

Images flashed into Crowley's head. "I recall."

"Well, she came to visit me today. It was a lovely surprise--what a nice child she is--"

"Aziraphale..." Crowley pressed.

"I'm getting there, I'm getting there," he reassured. "We conversed for an hour or so, but, suddenly, it was as if she wasn't there anymore. I-I mean she was there physically but not
mentally. Any human wouldn't have noticed, but I did. I tried to gloss over it by complimenting her watch, and when I asked to see it, she grew very nervous. I assumed it was because the
watch holds sentimental value, but... when I held it and flipped it onto its backside..."

"What did you see?" Crowley said, his face painted with its usual indifference.

"It said: 'To My Lady Of the Waves'." Azirphale said, and he flinched as if the words scorched his lips. Crowley's face scrunched, and he rested his chin on his palms, wondering if someone had slipped something into the angel's tea.

"Aziraphale, what on earth are you talking about?"

"Oh, right. You're a demon--don't roll your eyes! It's rude--anyway, there are rumors that used to float around Heaven--before the fall, that is."

"Why didn't I hear a thing about it, then?"

"You hung with the wrong crowd."

Crowley shrugged.

"Well, anyway, what does this 'Lady of the Waves' mystery mean?"

Aziraphale corrected his bow tie and shifted in his seat. Crowley leaned back in his chair and sipped his tea with an unimpressed expression

"Well, the fact of the matter is that I'm not quite certain. I suppose I can contact Hael..."

"Hael? That name is familiar."

"We were close friends, but after you and I stopped Armageddon... I wonder if she'll welcome me."

"Does she know more about the rumors?"

"She was Heaven's gossiper. Nothing happened with her knowing. Oh, she was such a nice angel." Aziraphale smiled at the memory.

"For our sake, let's hope she still is."

"Agreed. Crowley, if it wouldn't be a bother, could you check up on Olly--the girl? I actually am worried."

Crowley nodded and tossed back his head to gulp down he rest of his drink. "Not a problem, Angel."

--

This is a filler if I've ever seen one. But I'm back! Hopefully this gets the ball rolling. Thanks for sticking around :)