Chapter 6

4:00p.m in Philippines time

"Mahimo ba ako moadto?"
(Can I go?)

Was what he repeatedly ask his cousin.

"Be patience! You can go after I leave!"

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Mahimo ba ako moadto??"
(Can I go??)

"Dios mio... HUMINTAY KA LANG!!"
(Oh my God... JUST WAIT!!)

"Si Igsoong naglagot pag-ayo~"
(Brother is quite stubborn~)

Davao del Norte said to his twin, Davao del Sur. Who also nod his head in agreement. The two has been like this ever since Manila called an hour ago or so.

Martial Law was currently packing his clothes and things, since he now has to stay in the mansion and has to look over it when Philip left. He was annoyed- no actually pissed at his younger brother, not only did he not leave even one explanation, he even went to the place where his enemy is! Who wouldn't be pissed at that?

But he'll eventually get the explanation when he comes home. And another scolding...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"ANO?"
(WHAT?)

Martial looked at his phone in disbelief. Not believing one word his niece said.

"Yan lang ang sinabi ni tito."
(That was what uncle said.)

"Meron ba sya meeting?!"
(Does he have a meeting?!)

"Baka po, pero wala po naka lagay sa schedule ni tito..."
(Maybe, but there isn't one listed in uncle's schedule...)

Martial hold his forehead as he feels another headache coming. He made a loud groan as he just slump in his couch.

"Wala na tayong magawa kundi hintayin na lang natin umuwi sya..."
(We can't do anything except to just wait until he comes home...)

Loud silence was all he heard in his phone, before a defeated sigh was he heard next.

"Tama po kayo... Pero parang masama lang ang pakiramdam ko sa meeting na yan..."
(You're right... But I just have a bad feeling in that meeting...)

Martial could feel the worries of Manila when she said that, he of course was also worried and angry at the same time.

"Ako na muna magbabantay ng bahay habang wala sya."
(I'll be the one who will look after the house while he's away)

"Paano po si tito Mindanao?"
(But what about uncle Mindanao?)

Martial stands up from the couch as he walks near a window and saw his cousin Mindanao talking to his children with a smile. For some reason, Martial smiled at the view.

"Parang kailangan nya minsan ng kalayan May."
(I think he needs some freedom May.)

Manila slightly shaked her head with a small grin on her face.

"Sige, sige."
(Alright, alright.)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Mindanao smiled at his cousin. He felt grateful at him for giving him some freedom for once. After the Battle of Marawi, he felt paranoid and afraid. He was close to losing his sanity until Martial came. There has been protest of it but for some reason, it all worked out.

"Igsoon..."
(Brother...)

"HUMINTAY KA-"
(IF YOU JUST WAIT-)

"Salamat."
(Thank you.)

Martial didn't continued, he was astounded and confused at what Mindanao said.

The same goes for the Durian twins as they look at there dad for an answer. Mindanao didn't answered except grins as he said the same 55th question.

"Mahimo ba ako moadto-"

Davao del Norte face palmed as Davao del Sur was quietly laughing while Martial...

"SINIRA MO YUNG MOMENT!!"
(YOU RUINED THE MOMENT!!)

*------*

Yes, there is a positive effect of martial law in mindanao but people still protest to that because of the first declaration back then in 1972 and fear of what would happen in the end.

Davao is split into five provinces, Davao del Sur, Davao del Norte, Davao Oriental Davao Occidental and Compostela Valley. Before it was only one province before 1967 happened.

The continuation of chapter 5 will be in the next chapter, this is just a slight continuation of chapter 3. Now I'm planning on who to add next in chapter 7...