Chapter 12

"Peroooo Inay... Ayoko naman pong sumama ki Tito..."
(Buuuut mom... I don't want to go with Tito...)

He said to his mother as she was talking to her brother. Hugging her legs tightly to show that he doesn't want to go.

"Philip! Bitawan mo si Inay!"
(Philip! Let go of mom.)

Martial yelled to his twin while trying to take off his hand that was glued together.

"Ayoko!"
(I don't want to!)

Perla sighed, feeling sightly exhausted at her child's energy while her brother patted her shoulder.

"Phil... Anak, isang araw ka lang naman pupunta at babalik ka lang kaagad."
(Philip... Son, it's just going to be one day for you to go and you can come back early)

Philip lessen his grip on her legs as she said that, but kept a confused look in his face.

"Pero bakit po?"
(But why?)

"...Gusto kasi ni Tito mo na turuan ka kung paano gawin niya ang kanyang trabaho."
(It's because your Uncle wanted to teach you how he does his work.)

She said while gesturing to her brother, who nods to every word she said. But the two brothers didn't notice the sudden fear that appeared in their Mother's eyes.

"...Sige po. Kung yan ang gusto niyo..."
(... Alright. If that's what you want...)

Philip reluctantly let's go of his grip. His eyes begans to water, Perla and Martial noticed it.

"Bakit ka ba umiiyak? Hindi naman ma-wawala si Inay pag-umalis ka!"
(Why are you crying? Mom won't dissappear if you leave!)

Martial said as he puts his arm to Philip's shoulder.

"Diba Inay?"
(Right Mom?)

"O-oo nga anak! Hindi naman ako aalis! Pag-balik mo, iluluto ko ang paboritong mong ulam!"
(T- that's right son! I won't leave. When you come home, I'll cook your favourite lunch!)

Philip rubbed his eyes with his hands as he muttered quietly. Perla had to slightly crouched down so she can hear it.

"T-talaga?"
(R- really?)

"Oo anak!"
(Of course son!)

He sniffed slightly then smiled happily, even if tears escaped his eyes he still smiled. Perla smiled weakly, her body shaking slightly but nobody noticed it.

"Pangako niyo yan!"
(You promise!)

"Oo naman!"
(Of course!)

Martial grinned as he saw his brother hugged their mother tightly. He shakes his head slightly before joining in the hug.

North Luzon watched everything happened, he felt sadden. He knew very well why he had to take Philip... And it's not going to end well to all of them.

After a minute Perla broke the hug as she kissed Philip in the forehead.

"Hinihintay ka na ng Tito mo."
(Your Uncle is waiting for you.)

Philip nod as his eyes threatened to fall more tears.

"Wag ka nga maging matakot Philip!"
(Don't be afraid Philip!)