31. I N S U R A N C E

Assalamualaikum all! Another update - finally! I am super excited for you to read this. The plot is only just beginning to thicken, and I hope you remember the small details. I know it takes me a long time to upload, but honestly it's because I am super busy. I live at the University basically, and I also like to make sure what I write is close to perfect.

Please do share this book! The reads help me a lot, mentally. This is not a paid book and you get to enjoy this for free. That's something I love, but I need more support for this to really get somewhere!

Let me know what you all think of this chapter, and also who's perspective (other than Hudayfa and Falaq obviously!) you want to read. (Unedited)

~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wear no crown, and yet my head is heavy. I have no heart, yet my chest is burdened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~

T A I M U R
رَجَب
T H E  A R M Y

Taimur had the patience of a thousand years. He could wait. And wait. And wait. For the opportune moment. Like now.

He sat stock still on his temporary throne. In fact, he was so still that Khan glanced at him every so often. Taimur smirked inwardly. The assassin would see a prince made of marble, chiseled to perfection, poised and serene. He was new to the role of Right Hand, he would learn quickly enough. Zuhair on the other hand was standing forlorn, shoulders sagging in defeat. Taimur did not bother to spare him even a second - he was demoted the very day he failed him.

I am waiting for you, ya Hadeel. Taimur thought in a sing-song voice. He simply loved the anticipation.

The princely tent was illuminated around him by torches ablaze, even though the sun shone brightly. Souvenirs glittered in all corners of the abode, gold and jewels catching firelight. Taimur's black armour was decidedly a balancing darkness, standing tall and across from his bed stand. His ruby encrusted sword hung by its side, a sword that served him and his forefathers well.

"Your Highness" a guard called from beyond, "His Highness, Prince Ibrahim, requests an audience"

Taimur grinned in delight.

"Enter, Prince Ibrahim"

He quickly composed his face into a smooth, emotionless mask as Ibrahim walked in, closely followed by Hadeel. She was covered in a cloak, her femininity completely concealed. She was already quaking, and he hadn't even spoken a word!

Ibrahim presses his fist over his heart and bowed, as was the adequate greeting.

"You have come alone" Taimur observed once the greetings were completed.

"With your guest" Ibrahim corrected with a small smile that did not reach his eyes. He motioned to the woman beside him whose eyes were wide and naively travelling between the two princes.

"Aye" Taimur conceded with a matching smile, "with my guest"

The two stared at each other for a moment, seeming to figure each other out. Taimur knew Ibrahim was not aggressive. He was the peacemaker of his little clan, and it seemed he had come alone against their wishes. His green-blue eyes were disgustingly deep and wise, but he was naive in games of politics. Taimur felt his smile slip away. Too many angles to take with Ibrahim. Too many possibilities.

"I take it you wanted to escort my guest to safety" Taimur said finally, "how gracious of you"

"It was my duty, my lord" Ibrahim replied earnestly, "my brothers did not agree that I should escort a handmaiden, but I -"