𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

𝕊𝕃𝕐𝕋ℍ𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝕊ℕ𝔼𝕂. ❞

---

today was an awesome day. i watched as everyone else got sorted. including draco who was sorted into slytherin. no surprise there. the brunette, i found out, was named harry potter. i guess i just didn't recognize him before. i should have though, he's quite famous in the wizarding world. he's the one that survived the killing curse when he was just a baby. he's a legend. i could distinctively see him whispering to himself. i wasn't sure what he was whispering, but he was whispering something. after a minute, his house was called and he was in gryffindor.

throughout the sorting, i could feel myself getting tired and getting bored with it. sure i was excited for everyone, but this all took so long to do. i ended up looking around the great hall at everyone else only for my eyes to land on a certain boy sitting at the hufflepuff table. he was looking at me and i was looking at him and my face couldn't help, but to turn a dark shade of red. awkwardly, i looked away with a little smile on my face. that boy was hot, he was cute, and my heart was melting. then i frowned. he's probably way older than i am and the thought of that makes me sad.

after what seemed to be forever, the sorting was done and dumbledore was speaking to us all about the basic rules and what not to do, but at this point i was just beyond tired and wanted to go the common rooms and sleep. not shortly after, we were all done and mcgonagall had told all the prefects to take us to our respected common rooms. in the midst of all the chaos, i ended up getting lost in the crowd and mixed up with the hufflepuffs. all of it was too much so i just stopped and moved to the side with my back against a random wall and my hands holding my head, i wasn't used to this. this school was huge and i already lost my brother.

"hey, are you alright?" i was met with cedric's gorgeous brown and concerned eyes connecting with my very confused and upset green eyes.

"i'm- uh, i got lost in the crowd and i don't know where the slytherin common rooms are." i was looking around to spot anyone that i knew but unfortunately there was no one.

"i could help you find the way to your common room if you'd like."

"that would be-" i was about to finish my sentence when i was interrupted by the clearing of someone's throat.

"excuse me, but she'll be coming with me. thank you for keeping her occupied until i got out of the bathroom." and then he walked off with his arm around me. i didn't know exactly why he was being so nice, but i was grateful for him nevertheless. i looked behind me and sent a thank you to cedric with a smile. i then turned my face to draco's who was looking ahead with a determined look. i analyzed his every move and came to the conclusion that he wasn't as annoying when he wasn't talking his mouth off and being rather smug about his pureblood status and his rich daddy who gives him whatever he wants.

"why are you so nice to me? earlier you were being mean to that potter and weasley boy. and then you were mean to neville, too." i didn't really want to point out the fact that he was being rude, but he needed to know or if he knew then he need to just not. he looked down at me and shrugged. i wasn't surprised that he couldn't answer. it didn't seem like it was his strong suit to have an explanation for his actions. i didn't even know him that long either, but it felt like a knew him. he was rather easy to read if you thought about it. probably because he was like my brother in way. as if i saw my brother in him.

"i don't know. you were just nice to me i guess." we turned a corner and started heading towards the dungeons. of course they'd put the slytherin common room down here. that's houseist. ya know, or whatever. i nodded and what he said made sense. no one was nice to him because he was mean to them, but it was different with me. i didn't take his shit because i don't deal with spoiled little brats, "at first you were mean, but that's because i was rude. i'm not going to stop being rude to other people, but i'll be nice to you." that caused me to roll my eyes a little.

"wow, i'm flattered." sure it was just a little sarcastic, but maybe if he started being nice he wouldn't come off as someone to avoid. in a way, draco was like my brother. here my brother had a reputation to keep up, i didn't approve of it, but what could i do. if i got to draco then perhaps he wouldn't become my brother.

"well here we are." he said the password and we both walked in and marcus was there waiting and he looked a little steamed.

"where were you, cassandra?" he only ever said my whole name when he was cross with me. i was about to speak up when draco butt in and took my sentence from me.

"she got lost in all the chaos, i saw her panicking near the great hall and brought her here." he was standing from of me while i was giving him a dirty look from behind.

"i can speak for myself, but yes," my eyes shifted to marcus, "i did get lost and i was scared. he led the way." i walked around draco and wrapped my arms around him, the only thing i could do whenever he was upset at me. he never really stayed mad at me whenever i did that. this caused his facial expression to soften, but harden again. school rep, am i right?

"well next time, just stay with me or grab on to any of the slytherins. they won't say anything because they know your last name." i nodded and he hugged me back for a second before letting go. i could see his friends, the slytherin quidditch team, looking at me fondly. although i wish they wouldn't do that because it was just one time thing, me getting lost i mean.

"where are the girls rooms at?" i then noticed eve pop up and she looped her arm through and mine and smiled which in return, i did the same.

"i'll show you where it is." she then dragged me to our room which we shared with the girls i mentioned before. and i can finally meet september.

after a few introductions, we all met and i put all my stuff up and put away, then i crashed onto my bed and went to sleep. as i drifted off, i thought about the next day and how i was going to do the best i could possibly do. i will thrive.

---

another chapter for you all! this was kinda cringe

another chapter for you all! this was kinda cringe. also the top 'quote' is dumb. but votes, comments, and feedback are appreciated!