Part 16

"Yeah." Silas said answering his phone. I could hear the strain of our early conversation still in his voice.

"What?!" His shoulders tensed and he gripped the counter. Drake stood up strait from where he had been leaning in the corner. The spark in his eyes gave away how excited he was that following us around might have actually lead to something interesting.

"Ok..." Silas sighed rubbing at his forehead.

"Yes, Of course... Absolutely... NO." Silas eyes flickered to Drake and then me. "She shouldn't be planning any of it the stress alone isn't good... I know... Have Alex handle the details."

"Ok..." Silas shook his head as he hung up.

"Everything alright?" Drake asked.

"Have you ever seen a pregnant lady try to plan her own mating ceremony with only 48 hours' notice?" Silas asked rolling his eyes.

"Emily is trying to get a hold of you." Silas said handing me his phone.

'Em, wants to have a mating ceremony?' I asked surprised.

Silas nodded. It was just one small jerk of his head. His lips were pressed tightly together and his eyes held mine willing me to understand that this was not completely true and there was no way he could tell me the rest with Drake here.

'Should I...?' I asked gesturing to the other room. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to call Emily or do a video chat or text her.

"If you want just don't go to far." Silas nodded.

'Can I go upstairs?' I asked.

"Maybe just to my office." Silas frowned.

I nodded. I was mostly trying to get away from Drakes ears to see what was really going on but part of me also wanted a break from Silas. Being around him constantly was putting all of my nerves on edge. I was beginning to over analyze everything he did and said. I needed a minute to myself.

I didn't push the issue of getting away from him. He was letting me go into his office, alone, knowing it was sound proofed and still secure. I went into the office and paused to give Silas a small reassuring smile. He nodded back but his mouth didn't even so much as twitch to return the smile. I knew he was on edge over what had happened but he seemed even more tense now.

I shut the door and went to his desk. I considered sitting in my normal seat in his office but I didn't want my back facing the door. I sat in Silas's chair and propped his phone up against some of the books on his desk. I pressed the button to video chat with Emily. She picked up on the first ring. My mouth popped open in surprise. Her eyes were red and puffy, she looked like she hadn't slept in a few days, and she was glaring at me hard through the phone. Worst of all she didn't say anything. There was no spill it or tell me everything; none of her usual jump right to business conversation starters. She didn't even offer a hello.

'Hi...' I tried a small wave.

"Rylan Alisa Avi don't you dare HI me." Emily fumed.

My eyes widened.

'What did I do?' I asked.

"What the hell do you mean what did you do?! You almost died!" Emily said suddenly in tears.

"Why?! Why would you do that to me?! To us?! After everything... you never once tried to tell me you were hurting this bad and I'm always here for you. I'm always trying to get you to talk to me... I thought... I thought we were sisters?" Emily said.