Part 40.

I'd immediately demanded to go see our girl. 

I had to walk slowly and Silas kept his arm around me like the over protective mate he seemed to be at the moment. I couldn't even fault him for it. Clearly I'd been a walking disaster lately.

We stepped out into the hall and Silas guided me down two doors. We stepped inside to what looked like an almost identical room to the one I had been in except this one had a smaller bed with the rails up on either side and Matthew bent over next to it scribbling on a paper.

He looked up when Silas and I entered. His assessing eyes narrowing and lips pursed as he shook his head in disapproval.

"I think I might become the second werewolf to ever have high blood pressure." He grumbled.

Silas shook his head but didn't say anything as he led me over to the bed. Amelia was snuggled up with her favorite cinnamon bear and her favorite blanket. If her breathing hadn't been so deep I would have easily assumed she was simply sleeping.

"Her seizures have slowed with the sedatives but they haven't completely stopped. I've run every blood test I can think of and nothings come back with an answer. Whatever they've done to her isn't medical." Matthew explained quietly.

~Seizures?~ I asked looking at Matthew.

Matthew nodded and leaned back down toward Amelia. He adjusted the blanket and very gently rolled her over. There was a bandage on her back which Matthew carefully lifted. Beneath the bandage was a burn mark almost completely center between her shoulder blades. I didn't recognize the symbol but it told me enough. Matthew was right in assuming there was something distinctly not medical going on here.

"She's been having seizures on and off since Silas found her. Rain, Luka's sister, doesn't know what they did. She wasn't allowed any contact until after the witches had her and she took her the second she got a chance." Matthew said.

"That's why it took me so long to find her. Rain took her and fled when she realized they were doing some sort of experiments on her." Silas said.

I nodded making a mental note to thank Rain for saving her life. I brushed my fingers across her lower back in a soothing motion. I wished I could I just wipe the mark from her. I wished I could heal her. I wished I could do something, anything, to help her with this.

A strange tingling sensation started in my fingers. It stretched up, quickly engulfing my body, and pulling me beneath a thick fog.

~ "Who are you?" A voice asked.

The voice sounded close but I couldn't see anything through the fog that surrounded me.

"Who are you?" I asked back surprising myself with the sound of my own voice.

There was no response for a moment but the presence didn't waiver. The power emitting from  around me was proof enough that I wasn't alone where ever I was.

"You are the caretaker of my child are you not? She knows you. Your presence is familiar and calming. She trusts you... Did you do this to us?" The voice asked.

"Of course not!" I said horrified that Amelia, or whoever this was, thought I could have had anything to do with this, with hurting her.

"Will you help us then?" The voice asked.

"Tell me how." I demanded.

"Don't be foolish. No mortal commands me. You may be chosen by Selene but you are not above me."

My eyes widened as I stared into the darkness. I'd read several books over the past months that mentioned the name Selene. It was always used in reference to the moon goddess. Goose bumps rose up along my arms as I realized that meant I might actually be speaking to some form of deity. No one else would have referred to a goddess with such a casual name.

"I meant no disrespect." I said. "Amelia is my daughter. I want to help her in any way I can, please."

"So I sense or you would be dead." The voice answered.

"Will you tell me what's happened?" My voice took on an almost pleading edge and while I hated how desperate I sounded I knew it was only right. I was desperate. Desperate to save my daughter.

"I will tell you many things protectress. But make no mistake if you harm her in any way you will answer to me. She is mine now and I protect what is mine."~

I didn't get a chance to respond before I was flung out of the fog and stumbling back from Amelia. Silas's warm arms caught me around the waist and I looked up at him.

"Are you alright?" Silas asked.

I shook my head even as I thought it over. I wasn't alright, not really, but this wasn't about me. It was about Amelia.

~I know what to do.~ I admitted and I did. The voice inside Amelia had told me exactly what to do to help her.

*Authors Note: I'm not going to go into details about the spell Rylan does or what exactly is going on with Amelia because she has her own story and I don't want to throw in too many spoilers.

As always Thank you for reading!