Chapter 5 ~ Rejecting rejection

Olivia's P.O.V

" No." He replied simply, shrugging his shoulders.

"No." I repeated, in shock of his casual tone. I looked at him dead in the eyes to see if he was serious or not.

"No, I Alexander Mason reject yours, Olivia Carson's rejection." He announced, before walking away from me and sitting behind the large oak desk which took up most of the office.

Behind him hung a huge painting of a dashing man, with a sinister smile across his face. I noticed the striking similarities between him and Lex, and assumed that it was his father. They have the same shade of dark blue eyes, which reminded me of a stormy ocean, and I felt as if they could pierce my soul if I stared into them for too long.

His father had a well groomed beard, making him look even more menacing and they both had the same evil smirk which made me cower in fear. I look back at him to find a stone cold expression on his face and he's staring at me as if he was bored. Seriously, the nerve on this guy. He's bored after I just rejected him.

"Now, go back to our room!" He commanded, finally breaking the silence. I didn't reply still unsure what to do about him not allowing me to reject him.

"Go now!" He screamed, his face turning red from my disobedience.

I flinched, taken aback from his aggressive tone, and I immediately walk back to the large doors. I didn't dare to look back, as I opened the doors and walked down the corridor. I enter the room, I suppose was ours now, and crawl onto the huge bed. I lay on my side and curled myself up into a ball, before bursting into tears crying.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and I suddenly found it hard to breathe. I had never cried, not like this. Not when Casey had left me for a whole two months to sail around the Caribbean or when Josie Parker pushed me off the slide at playtime, when I was six and I broke my leg in two places. Not even when my parents and brother died.

Occasionally I would shed a few tears if I was hurt or upset but normally, I would just wipe them away or hold them in. My father taught that. He wanted me to be a strong wolf, which is why he started to train me when I was eight, much to my mother's dismay, but I loved it.

The rush and adrenaline, that I would get as me and my father would spar, always powered me to work harder. I always loved the excitement, I would get at the thought of becoming better and stronger. I was one of the strongest wolves at my school, all thanks to him, and he taught me to never show the enemy weakness.

I climbed off the bed and walked towards the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I felt disgusted with the girl I saw. Tears streamed down her face, eyes bright red, heavy bags under them. She looked weak and vulnerable all because of a man, my mate. I can't believe this is me. I've never been like this before.

I was always the strong one between me and Casey, and especially with me and my little brother Jackson. Every time he cried, I was the one to wipe his tears away. I was the one to pick him up when he fell down, me. When I lost my family Casey was there for me and she helped to get over my grief but now, I have no-one. I have to take care of myself and be strong. I have to protect myself from Lex .

Lex's P.O.V

I was driving back home from another exhausting meeting with one of our neighbouring packs, when I felt a strange feeling in my chest. It was like butterflies fluttering inside me. I stopped the car and got out for some air. My head was starting to spin and my vision became slightly blurred. My legs started to give out, so I leant against my car for support.

I knew she was here. I could sense her presence. Her sweet intoxicating smell was like a drug and I could feel my wolf begging to be released. I was brought out of my thoughts by the loud sound of a girl screaming. I followed it to a dark alleyway and saw a drunk male forcing himself on the prettiest girl I've ever seen.