Chapter 5 ❧ Anti-Hero Debut

After Felix episode, is anyone ready to not watch new mlb content for a whole year? ;-;

•●•●•●•●•

Reflekta's devious laughter echoes throughout the TV station.

"I'm sorry. She promised she'd change me back to my normal self if I tricked you."

"Mayor Bourgeois?" Ladybug says.

"Watch out!" The Chat-Noir-Reflekta cries out, shielding Ladybug from Reflekta's zap. This isn't getting anywhere. Reflekta's hardly dangerous since all she does is change people's appearance. She has to corner Ladybug if she wants to take her miraculous.

"Chat Noir, turn of the lights quickly!"

The station is submerged in pitch black darkness. I better jump into the fray now.

"Oblivion."

My claws begin to emit a yellow light. I keep myself hidden so I don't waste the element of surprise.

Perking my ears for the most subtle noises, I detect for a certain sound. I hear a flash of a camera and Reflekta's anguished noises as she's repeatedly blinded by the bright light.

I detect the shuffling of feet of Mr Bourgeis and then eventually, the uneasy breaths of Chat Noir just beside the wall with the lever.

I have to be extra carefully, although I could rely on my enhanced hearing, I could barely move around without my usual sight. I don't want to get used to depending on noises alone.

Keeping my unnecessary poncho from making flapping noises, I sneak behind Chat Noir-Reflekta and place my claws onto his shoulder.

"Huh, wha-" He says before it fades into silence. I quickly haul the lever up and the station returns back to light.

"Who's there?" Ladybug says. She stops when she spots the stranger standing beside Reflekta-Chat Noir. "Who are you?"

I didn't bother answering her. My only goal is to seize her miraculous. I'm not here for idle chatter. I'll be over and done with this.

In a blink of an eye, I dash towards her, claws outstretched. But even faster, she dodges out of my grasp.

•●•●•●•●•

3rd person's POV.

Ladybug stared dubiously at the new enemy. She wears a red velvet suit with a poncho that resemble bat wings. Her yellow cat-like eyes cuts through her resolve as sharp as a knife and her peach hair swished in the wind like snakes about to snap onto her. Her identity is concealed as she wears a mask similar to hers and Chat Noir.

When Ladybug glanced at Chat Noir, a gasp wrenches free from her lips. Chat Noir-Reflekta is standing upright but his eyes and mouth are wide open. A black kind of glow replaces the space where his eye sockets and mouth should be.

"Reflekta, seize her!" The stranger commands. Reflekta instantly lunges towards Ladybug and tries to wrestle her down onto the ground.

"Ugh... what did... you do with." Ladybugs kicks Reflekta, propelling her up into the air before she crashed down with a thud. "...Chat Noir!"

Ladybug crawls back as the stranger approaches her. The shadow of fear overtaking her blue eyes for the first time since becoming a superhero. The stranger says in a gentle tone that sends shivers down her spine, "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. I just need your earrings."

The stranger instantly charges towards her with no time to think. Ladybug gathers all her strength to heave herself away, carelessly tumbling away from the stranger's claws.

Strike At Midnight || Luka CouffaineOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara