7: Are You Going to Spank Me Now?

I can tell everyone is tiptoeing around me as if I may explode at any moment. Alaric called a doctor in and luckily my ankle is sprained, not broken. It has been four days and has healed nicely, as well as the majority of my other bruising so I am feeling a lot better, and more like my twenty-two years of age rather then eighty-six. It is safe to say I am never jumping out of a second story window again! Lou and her friend Tori have been visiting me regularly, talking about anything and everything apart from the fact that they are freaking werewolves. Luckily they don't invade my personal space or touch me, as then they may lose some teeth. If they are not here then Alaric is, and I am slowly accepting and getting used to his presence. He is always around me, a bit like my phone used to be I guess. At least I have proved my mother wrong, and I can go for much longer then an hour without a device in my hand.

I don't know why but I am starting to find Alaric's presence comforting, like the one stable thing in my life at the moment. Of course, that is stupid since it is entirely his fault why I am having a mid-life crisis at twenty-two. I hate the way I feel like I should lean on him and can feel myself liking him. He is the enemy! Nevertheless, his touch is addictive...

At least when I am thinking about him, my mind is not contemplating the fact that there are other creatures in this world. That sh*t is for books and movies, not my life! I do find myself wanting to research all about them though, as maybe if I understand what they are all about and their weaknesses, I won't feel so scared. I am just so confused... why does no one know that freaking werewolves exist? Unless we are not on Earth anymore and I am now on some other planet... Oh crap, how am I ever going to get home?

"Alaric... what planet are we on?" I ask nonchalantly, but my heart is racing.

"Earth of course." He replies in a duh tone, as if I am stupid to believe aliens could exist when I am literally watching a movie with a werewolf right now.

Alaric and I realised that we both have an unnatural love for horror and scary movies (well he pried the answer out of me after putting freaking Frozen on), so we have been watching a few together. I have definitely stayed away from all supernatural ones though, as I have enough of that in my real life! Alaric and I have become movie buddies (although the role has been forced upon me), although he isn't the best at actually watching the movies. I have been trying to get in the mood and prepare for the jump scares, but I find myself concentrating on ignoring the fact that Alaric's attention is not so slyly on me instead. He is always staring at me, which makes me go bright pink like some innocent schoolgirl. He always makes me feel like a child and dwarf.

"Well it isn't that much of a stretch." I retaliate defensively and Alaric just chuckles and mumbles that I am cute.

It is at times like these where I can fool myself that he is just another regular hot guy.

"Hey I was going to ask you something actually." He begins almost nervously, after pausing The Purge.

Oh crap, this is where he is going to ask to drink my blood, isn't it.

"Ok..." I murmur anxiously and clutch at the soft teddy blanket sprawled over us reassuringly.

"Will you go out to dinner with me tonight? I have a fancy reservation, and I wanted to talk to you... privately."

"Isn't it more private here?" I ask without missing a beat, sidestepping the question.

"Trust me; all the walls around here have ears. And I thought it would be nice if we... we went out with each other and had some time to talk like... regular people."

Gah that blush is so cute, and lord knows how much I want to go out for dinner with him (and more specifically come home with him), but if I do, that would be accepting he is a werewolf and has a degree of control over me, and forgiving him for kidnapping me. I can't do that! Unless... unless I could go with the idea of running away? Then I can have some time with him and catch the next bus home, it's a win-win really.