Chapter 3- The deal

POV JAMES

She wasn't really mad at me for showing up late, which is very, very out of character.  I honestly just came in late to piss her off, but she was being weirdly chill about it all. Was she high? She didn't look high to me, she actually looked quite nice when she wasn't yelling at me. She had layered, curly brown hair that reached to just above her shoulders. Behind her round wire-frame glasses lay very light blue eyes, kind of the color of a tropical sea. She had dimples when she smiled, which wasn't often when I was involved, but they did look cute I guess. 

She was still bossy as hell though. With lines like 'James go help those people. NO JAMES WRONG PEOPLE' and 'I told you a million times, the coins go there, not here!' I swear this kid was like Hermione Granger sometimes. 

After a few hours  we got the hang of it and the crowd thinned. Allie was busy with logging exactly what we sold, while I was organizing all the money we made. I put on my headphones because this was the only calm moment we've had all day, and I wanted to enjoy it to its fullest. Allison however, had other plans. 'So...' I heard her say, but decided to ignore it. She cleared her throat and tried again, but louder. 'Sooo...' I sighed, took off my headphones and turned to her. 'Allison, I -' She interrupted; 'Uhm it's just Allie.' I closed my eyes. This chick made me so tired. 'Okay, Allie, let's set some ground rules okay? First of all, you don't have to fill every silence. We. Do. Not. Have. To. Talk. When I'm wearing headphones, I don't even want to talk. Got that, Allison?' And with that, I put on my headphones again, but I could still heard her mutter; 'Its Allie.' I decided to ignore it.            

To my surprise, she actually stayed quiet. For about five seconds. 'So do you like autumn?' I heard her ask. Oh my God. Will she ever shut up? This was worse than her yelling, far worse. 'Allison, shut up will you? And take a hint.' I said, irritated. She looked taken aback and confounded for a few seconds, actually taking a few steps backwards. Her expression actually made me feel bad for some reason. How could I feel bad for this maddening and pesky girl? 

I sighed again, loudly. 'Well if you want to know that badly, I despise Autumn. Worst season out there, by far. Are we done talking now?' I was just about to put on my headphones again when she started talking. 'You hate autumn?' She asked, sounding bewildered. 'How can you hate autumn? It has the best things.' I scoffed. 'Yeah? like what?' It looked like she was going to give me a speech about the whole thing, but something stopped her. 'Yeah, you know what? If you don't like autumn, then that's okay. Go listen to your song.' she said. 'No, no, no, please, enlighten me.' I said, feeling a smirk creep up my face. 'You wanted me to shut up right? Well I am.' she said, stubborn as ever. So this is how she wants to play it, okay. 'Well, I could make this more interesting you know...' She glared at me. 'Interesting how?' I got her attention. 

'Well let's say that you make me like the season autumn in two weeks, I... Will buy you lunch till Christmas' I knew this was her weak spot. It's one of the few thing I actually know about her. She likes food. 'And if I fail?' she asked. Here comes the good part. 'If you fail,' Well actually when she fails, 'You will make all my English homework till Christmas. That includes Essay's, reading, everything.' Out of the corner of my eye I could see her giving me a shy smile. 'And why exactly should I agree with this?' she asked me, skeptical. 'Well, you're really sure of yourself right? You like food, I have the money. Plus it would make this job a little bit more exciting I guess, because right now I am bored out of my mind. Like, for real.' 

She looked at me with uncertainty for a moment, clearly trying to decide what she was going to do. Then, she held out her hand. I took it, and we shook hands. 'Deal' we said. 

She was really too morally pure for this world. Have fun making my homework honey.