Chapter 4- Sunday

POV ALLIE

That night I dreamed about James. Very stereotypical to dream about your crush, I know, but so much had happened on our first day on the pumpkin patch. I dreamed about his gorgeous, curly brown hair and his delicate hazel eyes. About they way his mouth shaped itself into a smile. I dreamed about his arms, his deep voice, his laugh... Geez I needed to get a grip. 

Sunday morning I decided to go running to get my mind of things. Reality always looks altered on an autumn morning, when no one is awake yet. It was a blustery autumn day and I had to wear my sports jacket and long sport leggings to prevent getting too cold. We lived close to a small forrest, where fall showed itself in the most wonderful colors. As I ran through the beautiful landscape my mind wandered back to yesterday. The pumpkin patch, James coming in late, us getting used to working together and the deal. That deal. I still didn't know what his plan with that is. He's probably going to trick me so that I lose the bet either way. Honestly, I didn't really mind if that are his intentions if it meant that we could spend time together, which, to my surprise, I wanted. It really felt like a different James yesterday, despite him coming late - he was kinder and less infuriating. Furthermore I really believed that I could make him like autumn, and if I succeeded he would buy me lunch till Christmas, which is a really, really good deal. 

After half an hour I came back to the apartment, got my keys out and opened the door. 'Mom?!' I yelled. She should be awake by now, because she didn't have a night shift last night. 'Your mother is at the store Allison.' A voice belonging to a man replied. 

My heart dropped. 

'Dad?' 

I heard him stand up and walk out of the kitchen to where I was standing, still in the doorway. He tried to hug me, but I pushed him away. He took a step back. I saw his mouth moving but a sharp ringing noice in my ear drowned everything he was saying out. I held my hand out, and noticed that it was trembling. 'Get out.' I spat, motioning to the still open door. He started to protest but I wouldn't let him. 'Get. Out!' I said, louder. 'You're not supposed to be here. Now get the f*ck out of my house.' He looked shocked this time. I never cursed. The ringing in my ears subdued and I could hear him say in a worried tone; 'Okay calm down, I'm leaving, I'm gone.' He walked out and turned around again to say something as soon as he was out the door, but I slammed it shut and locked it. I held my eye to the peephole to watch him leave. Instead he stood there, looking me directly in the eye. 'I don't know if you're still there Allie, but I do love you, even though I don't love your mother anymore.' He was quiet. 'If you're ready to see me again come visit me. Please.' And with those words, he walked away. 

And with those same words still hanging in the air, even tough the person who said them was long gone, I broke down.