Twenty-Five, Austyn

We pulled into the driveway super confused when we saw the Jeep. We weren't expecting the guys to be home today at all. I mean it's like 10pm by the time Cass and I make it home. She was helping me get a few things done at the bar, while Dane's parents were out doing something secretive.

"Uhm what the hell? I mean I'm not going to complain that my man is home but..." Cass read my mind. As we both go out of the truck cautiously and waddled up to the door.

We both walked in and heard voices in the kitchen, so we followed them. Dane's parents, Janice and John were in there talking with Deegan, and they all looked very concerned.

"Where is Dane?" I locked eyes with Deegan. Who was having a hard time making eye contact with me.

"He's sleeping." I went to turn to walk upstairs but he stopped me. "We need to talk about something that I'm not sure if he is going to tell you or not." I walked over and took a seat on one of the chairs at the island. "Did you know when he was active while out on an op his crew got hit by an RPG?"

"No, he doesn't talk about his time active with the SEALs, so I don't push him." That's when I noticed both his mom and dad were teary-eyed. "Deegan you are scaring me, is he okay?"

"Medical history wise you need to know, he has eight plated ribs, and his right shoulder is just straight titanium. Apparently in the incident he was only one of three guys out of fifteen men that lived. I know for a fact he's got to be fucked up about that still, and the accident also screwed up his lungs really bad."

"Deegan, is he okay." This time he didn't stop me as I ran up the stairs and flung the door open. Dane was sound asleep on his back, his light snore told me that much. So, I took my time raking my eyes over him. He had a bad cut above his eye brow. I kept going checking his left arm, then I noticed his right arm had gauze wrapped around his bicep and a little bit of blood soaking through it.

I gasped and he sat up quick with his hand on his gun that was apparently under the covers. I had my hands up at my mouth, and tears instantly in my eyes. He jumped out of bed so quickly dropping the gun back down and pulled me into his arms, rubbing down my hair and shushing me because I was crying.

It took me a few minutes before I settled down, but he waited. "Your arm?" He took in a deep breath releasing it slowly.

"I was shot, it was a through and through, I'm fine."

"You were shot?!"

"Aust I'm fine."

"You were shot!" I pushed away from him watching him wince and looked at him knowing.

"Twice and hit with the butt of a handgun a couple of times."

"DANE!"

"Aust, please."

"Look I know I am on a need to know when it comes to what you do for a living, but I am drawing the line I now NEED TO KNOW!" I don't care if the whole neighborhood woke up, I was livid, and upset, and so many other emotions because I'm pregnant and feel like I'm going crazy. He took a deep breath and sat down on the bed, wincing when he made it all the way down.

I wanted to go to him because I could tell he was hurting, but I couldn't. I had to be strong. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when it came to his job and I needed to know for the sake of our babies, and my sanity.

"Can you come sit down please."

"Are you going to tell me?"

"I'll tell you everything." I slowly walked over sitting down next to him on the bed. "You can't tell anyone, it'll put every single person we know and love in danger. Promise me."