Last Day

Issy woke up with equal parts happiness and fear. The day every teenager waits for was finally here and she wasn't sure she was ready. Hearing her phone vibrate she picked it up to see who messaged her.

New Message: Pretty Boy

She never knew how he always seemed to know when she was doubting herself. Was it some unknown power or just luck? Maybe it was the fact they hadn't spent more than a few days apart in years. The boy she fell in love with was now a man and did annoyingly perfect things daily to remind her why she fell deeper for him every day.

With a small grin she opened the new message.

Good morning beautiful! Stop worrying and get dressed. It's our last day of high school so let's make it one to remember. Be there in 30 to pick you up.

XO -W

After mooning over the message for a few minutes she checked the clock and scrambled realizing she now had 20 minutes. She was very proud, with the help of Warren and his research they had found a workout that helped her get better muscle control on her legs.

That's not to say that she didn't have bad days. Stress was still the enemy, but she felt more confident on her feet than she ever had. The ability to stretch your toes one that most people took for granted. Enjoying how she could simply get out of bed, she walked into her bathroom to get ready.

With a few minutes to spare she slowly started down the stairs

With a few minutes to spare she slowly started down the stairs. They hadn't removed the electric chair for emergencies, but she was happy to say she hadn't used it in a while. Grabbing her purse, no more backpacks, she went in the kitchen to tell her parents she was leaving. She saw Will and Layla kissing as she walked in and couldn't help but tease them.

"You trying to blind me as well, bro?" She joked with a wink to Layla. She laughed when they both blushed. She went to hug her parents who had been pretending not to see the in love teens. "Warren is taking you?" Her mom asked just as there was a knock on the door.

With a smile her mom walked to the kitchen door. "How many times have I told you that you can just come in, Warren?" She said in a mom tone of voice. Warren simply smiled and walked over to her. Issy took a minute to appreciate the man that had fell into her life and changed it for the best.

His hair was slightly shorter, no sign of the softness to his face he had at 15, and a good start to a beard

His hair was slightly shorter, no sign of the softness to his face he had at 15, and a good start to a beard. The beautiful boy had become a stunningly handsome man. "Hey, baby girl." He said quietly leaning in to kiss her. Her brother scoffed seeing them kiss. "Hypocrite!" He laughed.

Issy laughed at the confused look Warren wore. "Ya, but the difference is I don't care who sees. Also, we look damn good while doing it." Sticking her tongue out at her twin they all laughed. "Issy, don't make faces at Will." Her Mom admonished just like when they were little.

"You taking the bus or begging a ride?" She asked her brother and his girlfriend. She knew the answer when her brother let his eyes go big and his hands clasped together. Laughing she looked at Warren shaking her head. "What are they going to do next year when we're in college?" She asked rhetorically.

"You kids better get going!" Her mom warned looking at the time. "Yep, and were stopping at Starbucks. No whining, William! My boyfriends car, my rules." Winding her arm with Warren's they made for the door with a wave goodbye.

"You gonna let her say that, Warren?" Will asked teasing. Warren looked Will in the eyes and simply said, "Yep." With a grin. Will rolled his eyes. "Wow are you whipped!" Warren let out a loud laugh at that. He opened Issy's door and easily lifted her into the lifted truck, an 18th birthday present from his family, and looked back at Will.

"If by whipped you mean in a happy relationship where I feel secure enough to let your sister take the lead sometimes, then hell ya

"If by whipped you mean in a happy relationship where I feel secure enough to let your sister take the lead sometimes, then hell ya. Since when has being whipped been a bad thing? Happy lady mean a happy life Stronghold." Warren shook his head when Will hadn't gotten Layla's door. "Maybe you could use some lessons."

Will had a contemplative look on his face as he got in the back seat. Warren smirked and walked around to the drivers seat. After checking his lady was strapped in, he threw the big truck in drive and they were off. As always, Issy quickly plugged her phone in putting on her music. Then twining their hands together on the console.

A few miles from the ramp he made a quick stop at Starbucks like usual. They came so much that their order was usually ready when they pulled in. Sure enough, a Pink drink, black coffee and bacon and Gouda was waiting for them at the window when they pulled up.

"Everyone strapped in?" He called back as they approached the ramp. "All good." Will called back. Issy much preferred the senior method of getting to school. If you had a car it was outfitted with the technology needed to get to the school on your own. It proved to her that the drop that Ron does with the bus is just for his enjoyment.

A few minutes later they landed smoothly in the senior parking lot of Sky high. Pulling into his spot that was close for Issy he put it in park. "Alright, all out for Sky High." Warren said. Issy watched how her brother and Layla got out of the truck and smiled shaking her head. She waited as Warren walked around and got her door as he always did.

Wrapping his deliciously strong arm around her waist and helping her to the ground. They looked at each other for a moment. "You ready for this?" He asked tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "No, but as long as you're with me, bring it on."

With a grin they held hands walking to their last day of Sky High.