Graduation Day

Issy stood in front of the full length mirror brushing out slight imperfections in her dress.

She had fallen in love with the flirty dress the moment she had seen it. The dress would be pulling double duty since they had decided to have a graduation/engagement party after for She and Warren at his family's restaurant.

"You ready, Princess?" Her dad asked coming to stand in her doorway. "Wow, you look incredible." He said tearfully. Issy quickly walked to wrap him in a hug. "Aw, dad, it's ok! I'm not leaving the city." She wanted to laugh at how badly her dad was taking her moving out but it was just so sweet. She always thought her mom would be the one to break down.

"I know. It's just...my little girl is all grow up. Moving out and getting married." After a few more sniffles he pulled himself together. "Ok, I'm alright. I came up to tell you Warren and his mom are here." She nodded smiling. Grabbing her clutch she headed for the door.

Looking back her dad hadn't moved yet. "Dad, you coming?" She asked quietly. "Uh, ya ya. Just...just go ahead I'll be right down." Knowing her dad needed a minute to gather himself she made her way downstairs. Her heart soared when she saw her Warren standing at the bottom of the stairs. He must have heard her because he turned and gave her a smile he seemed to reserve just for her.

Coming up the last few steps he took her hand and helped her down

Coming up the last few steps he took her hand and helped her down. "My my, don't you look handsome, Mr. Peace." She said brushing the front of his black button down. His black on black outfit adding to his bad boy appeal.

"And you look good enough to eat, Mrs. Peace." He said in her ear making her shiver and her heart skip a beat. Hearing her dad coming down the stairs she gave Warren a steaming look before shaking it off and walking to greet Warren's mom.

Melinda Peace was one of the most beautiful women that Issy had ever seen. She thought it funny that both she and Warren's mom could be mistaken for their siblings at times.

Issy knew from pictures that Warren was almost an exact copy of his dad

Issy knew from pictures that Warren was almost an exact copy of his dad. But his smile and kindness, that was all his mom.

"Hi, Ms. Peace." She said happily as she went to hug the woman. Over the years the two had become thick as thieves and she sometimes went over to see Melinda as well as Warren. "Darling, I've told you to call me Melinda. It's going to be confusing if you don't by the wedding." She teased with a wink. "I'll work on it." Issy said with a blush.

"Honey, is Jo coming here or are we meeting her?" Her mom asked coming from the kitchen. "She said she would meet us there. She wants to fly her car a few more times before she has to turn it in." Issy said with a laugh. Her mom chuckled too.

"Alright, well you two look amazing." She said looking at the young couple. "Here's your cap, dear. Now you and Warren stand together so Melinda and I can get some pictures."

She laughed when she saw that Warren had just painted on his signature flames

She laughed when she saw that Warren had just painted on his signature flames. It was very Warren.

After standing through what felt like hundreds of pictures they finally convinced their moms it was time to go. "I can't believe my little sister is graduating before me." Will said laughing as they walked to the cars. "That's because while you got the muscle I got the brains, bro." She teased.

The kids piled into Warren's truck while the parents got in Issy's parents car. Her parents had flight boosters being the Commander and Jetstream. It was a quick flight to the school where they were holding the ceremony. Issy and Warren had to hurry to check in while their parents got to talk to a few old friends from their days at Sky High.

Sure enough, when they got inside they saw Jo standing by herself looking half asleep. Issy burst out laughing when she realized what Jo was wearing. She had on black slacks with a t-shirt that said, I graduated. Can I go back to bed now?, it was perfectly her.

The ceremony seemed to fly by. Issy had stood and cheered when Warren walked the stage loving the slight blush it caused. She did the same when Jo walked with the rest of the R names. Issy was surprised when she felt tears when she took her diploma from principal Powers. Her crying had gotten out of hand with all the big events of her life.

She had found herself stress eating the past few days as she packed her things to move to the apartment. After another hundred pictures they moved the party to the Paper Lantern. Their moms had gone all out decorating the banquet room for them.

The entirety of both families had been invited and the room was bursting at the seams

The entirety of both families had been invited and the room was bursting at the seams. She and Warren were handed many cards she knew would contain money or checks as gifts for graduation and their engagement. She was glad they had combined the two. It seemed greedy to have two parties and then a wedding.

By the end of the night she and Warren were sat side by side at the table. Her feet in his lap as he massaged them. She had worn ballet flats but her feet still didn't appreciate so many hours standing. She leaned back against Will who sat behind her with Layla.

She heard one of their moms cameras go off and smiled. Now that was a picture that she wanted, the real them. She couldn't believe that it was already tomorrow that they were moving into the apartment to have time to settle in before classes started. They had sat down and figured out the classes they wanted to take a few nights before.

Issy smiled looking at Warren. "Come on, Love. Tomorrow's a big day." With that they said their goodbyes and made their ways home.