Move In & Pass Out

Issy flopped onto the couch looking over the boxes littering her home for the next few years. Warren being the gentleman he was refused to let her carry anything so she had been packing and unboxing since early in the morning. She laughed as her brother walked by with their dresser under his arm.

"Thanks, Bro!" She called, he simply waved it off as he took it to where she had shown him. "Can't say I ever thought Stronghold would be in my bedroom." Warren spoke from beside her. She laughed having smelt him the moment he came in. His smell of campfire and coffee had been driving her nuts lately.

Her laughter dried up as she took in the sight of him. They had dressed similarly but she thought Warren looked simply delicious.

He had pulled his hair up halfway through and lost his flannel sometime along the way

He had pulled his hair up halfway through and lost his flannel sometime along the way. Before she could get anywhere with her thoughts her brother walked into the living room. "Alright, sis, all that's left is unpacking." Will's face showed panic when instead of looking happy his sister looked near tears.

Following his gaze Warren was up in a flash holding his fiancé. He had to admit he was getting worried. This wasn't the first time he had found her crying in the last few weeks. Will looked to Warren for instruction, their parents had left for a distress call and Warren knew her best.

Warren has scooped her up and was rocking her slightly as he rubbed her back. "She's ok. The stress of school and moving has been getting to her. Go ahead home, Stronghold. Thanks for all the help." Will nodded. Walking to his sister he rubbed her shoulder. "Love you, sis." He said quietly before he left closing the door quietly.

After a few minutes Issy was finally able to calm down. "Babe, all this upset can't be good for you. Are you sure you're ok with all this? Is it too much? Maybe you need to talk it out with your therapist..." Issy smiled as Warren tucked her hair behind her ear.

Taking his hand she looked up into the beautiful brown eyes she had been in love with for years. "Warren, Darling, calm down. I'm ok." She put her finger over his lips when he made to protest. "No, I understand what you're saying and appreciate it immensely. But, darling, I know what's wrong. If I'm honest I've known for a while and didn't admit it to myself until now." Warren looked at her worried waiting for her to continue.

Taking his hand and putting it on her stomach she smiled. "Warren, I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant." Issy didn't know what she expected but a few moments of silence followed by a dead faint wasn't it.

————————————————
Ok, so maybe just out right telling him wasn't the best way to go, Issy thought as she watched her fiancée come around a moment later. She had gotten him a glass of water and handed it to him as he came to.

He sat sipping his water and staring at her. Putting the glass down slowly he seemed to have gathered his thoughts. "You...you DID say...pregnant?" He asked whispering the last word. She sat on the table in front of him and simply nodded.

She worried for a moment when he looked pale for a moment before seeming to snap out of it. "Are you ok?!" He asked frantically. "Is the baby ok? You've been doing too much! You need vitamins! I'll go to the store!" Issy tried to contain her smile but it broke through as she watched him run around.

She had known that Warren would be nothing but supportive and loving after he got over the shock and worry. "Babe..baby, take a deep breath for me." She watched him as he seemed to be hyperventilating. Oh, seemed she had finally broken the poor man, she thought with a laugh.

"Warren, Darling, come sit down. I don't want you passing out again. That's a good boy." She said sitting him down and helping him out his head between his knees. She smiled as she ran her hand through his hair to help him calm down. "How are you so calm?" He asked surprised as he got his breathing under control.

She thought about it for a moment, why was she so alright with everything. "I...I don't know. It's just..." she moved so she was sitting on his lap as she held his hand. "I know this wasn't planned. It's terrible timing and we would have preferred to be married first. But despite all that...this just feels right."

She ran her fingers over his cheek looking into his eyes which told her all she needed to know. "It's not how we would have planned it, but together I have no doubts." She kissed him lightly as her words seemed to calm him down.

"I also want to point out that it's not confirmed I'm pregnant. I'm going to call my doctor and get scheduled as soon as possible and you're going to come and ask the thousands of questions you need to so you are comfortable with this." She said smiling as he nodded knowing she was right.

"Ok, no more unpacking for you. I want you to keep your feet up while I make us a healthy dinner, ok?" She blinked away tears as he sat her on the couch like she was the most breakable of glass. "You realize if I am pregnant I have been since right before graduation?" She teased him.

Seeing him freeze realizing she had likely been pregnant for a good few weeks now. "Ok, don't hurt yourself, love. I'm going to sit here and not fall off. So, you go do what you need to." She was slightly amused and horrified when he seemed to look at the floor next to the couch as if wondering if he should stay.

"Warren Peace, go start your dinner I'm fine." She said firmly. He smiled sheepishly and slowly backed away walking to their kitchen. She sighed laying her head back on the couch.

Life just got a whole lot more interesting.

—————————————//
I'm signing up to get my BA in fictional creative writing. Would you pay to read this if Disney didn't own the rights? 😂