- chapter four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter four

fade: chapter four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

FLORENCE DOESN'T GET MORE than a few minutes of sleep that night. Not only because she literally cannot sleep, she's got too much on her mind, but also because a knock on her door brings her out of her dizzy state. She slides out of bed and walks over to the door, trying to chase the sleep away from her eyes. She's rather surprised when she finds commander Ren standing outside, impatiently looking around him as if he has better things to do.

"The scavenger, she's gone." He says, quick to the point. Florence cheers internally, but externally, she looks at him in shock.

"She's what?" She asks, eyes wide.

"I need you to help me find her."

"Of course." She nods, quickly heading back inside her room to get properly dressed. She joins the commander, walking next to him with her eyes peeled for Rey. "She just disappeared?"

"She's beginning to explore her powers. We need to find her before it's too late," he states before stopping in his tracks, wrapping his arm around Florence's to stop her too. "What did she tell you?" He demands.

She looks down at his hand, firmly gripped around her arm. "She told me nothing. She refused to talk." She wiggles out of his hold angrily.

"I find that hard to believe." He looks at her with cold eyes. Florence pictures his face underneath that helmet, seemingly growing less frightened by him that way.

"You calling me a liar, Ren?" She quizzes, cocking a brow.

"Not necessarily."

"She's resilient. Strong." She thinks about what he had told her just two days prior, how he thought she could be that too. Florence still doesn't quite believe him, but she's growing more into the idea. "This place is so big, I don't even know where to start looking."

The place starts shaking slightly, and she understands that they've started firing up the weapon that is the starkiller base. Her eyes grow wider as she looks up at the commander. This isn't going to go well, and she knows it.

"Find her."

Most of the base is on edge, everyone is looking for the girl. Rey seems to be one hell of a good hider, because almost an hour passes and no one seems to find her. Granted, Florence isn't exactly looking. She's only really pretending she is.