- chapter twenty-one

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          FLORENCE ALWAYS DREAMT of floating through the stars, an entire galaxy full of opportunities right at her fingertips. But not like this. Not running from the one place that has been her home for almost as long as she can remember. Truly, she's terrified. She doesn't know who she is without the first order.

          Before she joined, she was just a scared girl, terrified of the world around her, bleak and lifeless after years of devastation. They gave her something she had never expected — but through time she has began to see through the cracks. She was blind to it at first, but she hates what they are, what they made her. At the same time, there's a part of her that is incredibly thankful for the lessons she has learned, for the woman she has become; independent and strong, which perhaps she always was but she blossomed under their care.

          Then there's Ben. She loves him with her entire heart, and she's left him. She wonders how he's going to react when he figures out she has left. Most likely, he won't buy the lie that she's off on a mission and she feels so utterly terrible about it. She wonders if he will send for her, search the galaxy until he finds her.

She has never felt as alone as she does right now, succumbed by the blackness that is space she has truly not felt this lonely in years. She has been in space plenty of times, but it was always on missions or when she travelled from planet to planet to different first order bases. There was always a reason, always accompanied by other people. This is way different.

The stars are pretty, never has she felt so close or connected to something so beautiful — but it doesn't seem worth it if she's feeling so utterly awful inside. But despite her feelings, she must go on.

          The ship comes out of hyperspace and she is faced with a gorgeous blue planet. Cautiously, she enters into the atmosphere and slowly approaches a large island in the middle of a beautiful blue ocean. Slowly, she descends down onto a rocky beach at the bottom of the mountains stretching far into the sky.

She steps out and inhales the freshest air she has experienced in years. A calming feeling settles in her stomach. The entire planet gives off the most peaceful sense that she has ever felt. She takes another breath of fresh air; a breath of relief.

          She doesn't know where to go, doesn't know where or how to find the ghosts of past Jedi, more specifically master Skywalker himself, but she figures that the only way is up. So she starts making her way up the island, climbing up steps and coming upon a small village made up of huts. She searches through them, kindly and calmly in order not to frighten the natives of the island; a race of small statured caretakers, a breed she has never seen nor heard of. They watch her closely, but say nothing.