- chapter thirty-four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

fade: chapter thirty-four

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE FALCON MAKES A ROUGH LANDING on the Endor moon Kef Bir, sliding through the grass until they come to a stop near the base of a tall hill. Rey scolds Poe for his poor skills, but he dismisses her and decides to ignore the damage that the ship has taken for now because they need to hurry.

They group makes their way up that same hill, towards the sound of crashing waves, engulfed by harsh, cold winds. That's when they see it resting in the waves; a huge piece of debris from the Death Star. It is ginormous, even from so far away it is absolutely gigantic. Florence cannot even imagine how large the whole thing was, this is just one small piece. It's beautiful, in a way. It looks quite haunting just sitting there, worn by the years but still an undeniable beauty to it. Like a painting, almost.

"What's that?" D-O asks, rolling up next to them.

"It's the Death Star," Rey replies lowly. "It's a bad place from an old war." Her tone is serious and grave.

Poe sighs, overwhelmed by the size of what they're looking at. "It's gonna take us years to find what we're looking for."

"Oh dear," Threepio comments.

Rey is not so certain her friend is right about that. She recalls what C3PO told them earlier. "Only this blade tells," she says under her breath, reaching into her satchel to pull it out. Upon further inspection, she pulls out and extension from the bottom, a pointer. The entire shape of the dagger had been strange to begin with, but not enough so to actually be questioned. But now, held up in this way, they realize that it is the outline of the wreckage and the peculiar shape makes a whole lot more sense.

          Rey moves around to position it in the correct spot. The small red pointer show them exactly where they need to go. "The wayfinder is there," she says. It is in the midst of the entire thing, high up, as well.

Behind them, the sound of orbaks galloping closer causes them all to turn around. "Heads up," Poe says, his blaster pointed at them. A group of maybe a dozen people on horseback stand in front of them.

"Rough landing," the woman at the front says, tone a bit taunting but perhaps not intentional. She must be their leader, for her orbak has been outfitted with different garments than the others.

"I've seen worse," Poe purses his lips, hands held tight around his blaster.

"I've seen better," the woman arches a brow. "Are you resistance?" She looks at the group, they don't look particularly threatening except for the fact that their guns are drawn.