Chapter 1: Equivalent Exchange

(2 Years Later)

To the average person, Izuku Midoryia had it all. He had graduated Middle School with honors, and was the smartest person anyone knew

But that wasn't how Izuku saw it.

Izuku only saw it as something that came with being an Alchemist. He had used the inheritance money he had gotten from his mother to buy a new automail arm from the Uraraka Family. Pinako was the one who had found him that night. 

But that was the past. Izuku only had the motive of finding a way to restore his body. It was the only way he could think of to repent of the sins he had committed. To redeem himself of reaching out too far, and playing god. 

He had been doing quite a lot of research and training. His excursions to find information had taken him all over the place. He had become well known, and earned himself the title Fullmetal Alchemist.

He had currently found a lead. The Philosopher's stone. Aledgedly, it was a stone that would make the users Alchemy 10 times more powerful. However, after a bit of research, Izuku had found a way to undo Transmutations. Almost like a refund of equivalent exchange. All he needed was the philosopher's stone. Then it would be complete.

He was currently on the train on his way to a small city on the outskirts of Japan. It was said to be pretty hot there, so Izuku got some special heat resistant automail to combat the heat before he left. His shoulder still hurt from the docking process. Even though Pinako's quirk is Pain Neutralization, automail docking always hurts.

Izuku felt the train jolt as it stopped. He stood up, and slipped his cloak on, the red fabric brushing against his arms. Or at least, the one he still had.

He exited the train. Alone it seems like. The train then left, leaving Izuku on the station by himself. He began looking around, he saw several residential homes. However, none seemed as though they could hold more than 7 people at a time. He also saw several shops and stands lining the streets. One of which had a very intoxicating aroma coming from it. He turned to see a man with a mustache stirring a pot. 

Izuku's stomach began vibrating, as it rumbled from hunger. He decided to sit down and order. 

"Hey." said Izuku, resting his arms on the counter. "I'll take the special, whatever that may be."

"Just gimme a sec to finish." said the man, as he sprinkled a bit of Paprika into the pot. "Here you go. On the house."

Izuku looked up at the man, confused as to why he'd give a stranger free food.

"First one's always free pal." he said smiling. 

Izuku smiled at the man, and began eating. He heard the familiar buzz of a radio, and looked to see the man tuning it.

Suddenly, the man stumbled, dropping the radio on the ground, shattering it. "Aw man," he said. "Now how am I going to listen to the press conference?" 

"I can help." Izuku said.

The man gave Izuku a puzzled look. "Uh, thanks for the offer kid, but this thing's beyond repair."

Izuku simply walked toward the shrapnel of the device. He crouched down, clapped his hands together, and placed them on the ground before the shattered object. Lightning began to crackle around the device, as it slowly reshaped itself back into it's original form. The man looked at Izuku in awe. "Wow, that's an amazing quirk you got there, kid! It's almost exactly like the Pro Hero Lito's quirk!"

Izuku smirked. He had found his lead. "It's not a quirk. It's Alchemy." Izuku explained, receiving a puzzled look from the man. "It's an old science that was used back when Japan was called Amestris."