Chapter 17: The Mentor

Izuku looked over his page of recommendations. Several low-mid tier heroes, and one name that stuck out over all others. This name was terrifying. The first time his eyes glanced over the name, he nearly screamed. This was the name of his old mentor, who had apparently registered as a pro hero. The Housewife Hero, Kushina Curtis, in Hosu city.

That name was terrifying. He had no idea she would've even remembered him. And if she had seen the sports festival, then chances are, she saw him use alchemy without a circle. Hopefully she hadn't put two and two together.

Even if she did, Izuku wouldn't be choosing her as his mentor anyway. He was far too terrified. And hardly anything scared him.

He kept his primary objective in mind. He had to go to an internship that was close to Iida. He walked up to his friend. "Hey, Iida, who are you going with for your internships?" he asked.

Iida remained stoic. "I'm not quite sure yet. There are plenty of heroes on this list, but I have yet to decide." he said. 

Izuku was having a hard time getting a straight answer. "Well, let me know where you are going. I want to intern close to my friends."

Iida put down his list. "You're training to become a pro hero, Midoryia. It isn't in your best interest to intern with friends."

Izuku was a lot smarter than Iida gave him credit for. He'd have to intern with someone not too close to Iida's. It was clear that Iida didn't want anyone to intern near him. "Well, if we are close to each other, then if we need to team up, then we can work better with people we're close to."

Iida adjusted his glasses. "Good point." he replied, void of most emotion. "Have a good day Midoryia." he said as he walked off. 

Midoryia sighed. This was going to be harder than he thought. He decided he would talk to the police. 

He went to the lobby area to make a phone call. He picked up the receiver and dialed Maes Hughes. 

"Hey Mr. Hughes. I have a question for you." he asked.

"Midoryia! How's it going? Do you know what just happened yesterday? My darling little Alicia got her quirk! Isn't that amazing? My little girl can blind anyone with the blink of an eye! The doctors called her quirk Flashbang. Can you believe it? I'm so proud of her!" ranted the Detective.

Izuku was annoyed. Sure he was happy for him, but there were more pressing matters at hand. "T-that's great! Tell her congrats. Anyway, like I said, I need to ask you something." he continued.

"Well, I'm not sure if Alicia wants to become a hero, so I can't quite send her to be your sidekick. Besides, she's far too young." replied Maes.

Izuku was annoyed now. "That's not what I was going to ask. I wanted to ask you if you knew anything about where the hero killer stain was? As well as that new group of thieves." 

"You're not going to get into more trouble, are you?" asked Maes.

"No, but a friend of mine might be. I need to keep an eye on him. I'm worried about him. He's definitely going after one of the two." he answered. He was concerned about Iida. But if he told Maes everything, then he might not even tell Izuku.

"Alright, well, Stain's been off the radar ever since he killed Kangaroo Commando, but I know that the group of thieves was last spotted in Hosu City."

Izuku froze. "Are you sure? Are you 100% certain that they're not anywhere else?" he asked, scared. If Iida went to Hosu city, then Izuku's only option... well he didn't like to think about it.

"Yep. They've mainly been sticking around there. I'm not sure what they'll be doing next. But they'll probably stay there." said Maes.

Izuku gulped. He wished he had gotten more requests in that area. He took a deep breath. "Alright. Thanks Mr. Hughes. Tell Alicia congratulations for me."

My Alchemist AcademiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara