History and Creature Guide

This section may contain some early spoilers. It is here for reference as the history and discussion of creatures develop throughout the story. The history or Erivale is complicated and there are many creatures that inhabit the land. This is to serve as a quick guide of the important factors of both those creatures and the history/timeline.

Elves  - Humanoid with pointed ears. High affluence for magic, particularly nature magic. Often times create the most powerful sorcerers.

Garuda - Humanoid with wings of birds of prey. Very strong and agile making them good guards and soldiers.

Lilitu - Humanoid with common bird features including scaly legs and feet and face feathers. Some variety in feather placement on the rest of the body. More common bird type.

Minotaur - Humanoid with the head of a bull. Exceptionally strong and competent in battle.

Centuar - Humanoid with the body of a horse. Very fast and often well educated. While they are a formidable battle opponent Centaur's are most often found involved in more educational pursuits.

Ursa - Humanoid with the head and hands of a polar bear. Very strong and competent in battle like the minotaur. Very large, about 8-10 ft tall. They can withstand extremely cold temperatures.

Syreni - Mermaid/Merman (can shift to a human form). Very common and can live in both tropical and cold water climates.

Nereides - Completely humanoid. They are a type of sea nymph. Less common and exhibits strong water magic properties.

Ichthyocentaur - A water centaur. Some of the fastest creatures in Erivale. Less of a focus on education and more emphasis on speed and racing and frivolity.

Satyr - Humanoid with the legs resembling that of a horse. Masters of frivolity. Live in close association and often confused with Fauns.

Faun - Humanoid with the legs resembling that of a goat and have goat horns on their heads. Much shyer than Satyr counterparts. Both Satyrs and Fauns spend most of their youth growing up in large clans within the forested glades. Fauns also spend more time in solidarity and as a result, travel around or find work away from their glades.

Since the eruption of Mount Vulkan which created the island that is now known as the Wastelands; Erivale formed itself into five different countries: Ithica, Breeze, Silva, Fjell, and Gelida. For hundreds of years they lived in peace, yet separate.

Ithica is home to the Elves and the capital city of Ithica is Himmelsk. The land is located geographically in the middle of Erivale and surrounded by other countries. Himmelsk itself is built out of the Sterk Mountain Range. Himmelsk is also the confluence of multiple major rivers that criss-cross the entirety of Erivale.

Breeze stretches the western border of Erivale and any subsequent islands and includes both warm and cool climates. Breeze is the largest country as it includes the ocean waters and the land and reaches the entire length of Erivale. These water lands are home to the Syreni, Nereides, and Ichthyocentaur.

Silva is forest land located East of Ithica and borders the Fjell. Here the Fauns and Satyrs populate the glades and meadows. The centaurs live in the dense forest itself. The minotaurs live in the foothills of the Fjell.

Fjell is both a country and the name of the mountain range that makes up the country. It is in the Northeast of Ithica. This land is home to the Garuda and Lilitu as they often prefer high altitude climates.

Gelida is the frozen lands to the north of Ithica. This includes the tundra leading up to the frigid coastline and some of the waters stretching out and around. Gelida is home to the Ursa who are some of the only creatures who can withstand the dangerous cold.

Dark sea/Wastelands are directly South of Erivale. Both the sea and the Wastelands are not particularly hospitable and are largely unexplored. There are rumors of dangerous, unknown creatures that live both in the water and on the island.

Draeton is between the Southern border of Ithica and the Dark Sea. This is the home of the Dark Elves. The land is rough to live on, but the Dark Elves have built cities amongst the lower mountain ridges to exist happily. Or as happy as Dark Elves can be.

Timeline

0 - Mount Vulcan

412 - First rise of Samael of Trinity the evil Sorcerer

414 - Creation of the Unified Nations Council and the banishment of Samael.

421 - Banishment of the Dark Elves

454 - Return of Samael of Trinity and his consequent attacks on Erivale with his magically engineered Chimera.

456 - The Great War

457-8 - The Trials

458 - Elven Peace Treaty Signed; Draeton declared an official country

489 - Attempted assignation on Queen Luciana and abduction of Crown Princess Amberleigh

509 - Return of the Lost Princess