Chapter 3

I stared at my dish blankly, today I was sitting with them on the dining table. He was sitting opposite me. When I was serving them juice I hadn't noticed his brother and his sister-in-law with their 4-year-old too. His parents were also there.

My mother kept blabbering about how successful my brother was and how many deals he has cracked. Yash and he kept looking at me as she praised him.

Jaya, my mother-in-law, also glanced at me once before she looked at my mother, and cleared her throat before saying.

"Hemaji, my son, Arjun wants to marry your daughter, tells us about her and not your son", she said with a smile. My mother faked a smile before looking at me.

"Oh about her, well she's ...", and she trailed off. Wow! So much love!

"Well, I'll tell you, she's hardworking, she's kind has been handling work and household chores and has been doing a good job, she is the most selfless person I've ever seen like if she sees beggars on streets she'll feed them or buy them clothes not caring if she has any money left with her after that", he snapped his head up and narrowed his eyes while looking at me," she's an all-rounder"

All of them were staring at me.

"Urmm... Dessert?", I squeaked. I just asked them this to reduce the awkwardness.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"It's better if they both talk amongst each other for some time", Roshan, his brother suggested with a smirk on his face. All of them seemed to agree and soon we forced ourselves and went to the garden in the backyard.

After a minute of uncomfortable silence, he finally spoke up.

"Happy birthday", he whispered and reached for my hand. I shivered as the cold breeze passed. It's December and it's really cold here. I had tears in my eyes as his warm hand caressed mine. I tried to blink them away as I sniffled.

"T-thank you", I stuttered a little.

"You know, I had a gut feeling when I met you in the restaurant, I thought it was you but I didn't say anything because your face was covered", he said.

"Mhmm"

"You're doing great work"

"Thanks"

"You've become more kind and selfless since the last time I saw you", and I turned away from him as a tear fell down my eye. I quickly wiped it away. The feeling of being so near him and talking to him again was so overwhelming.

"Why did you leave me?", He asked softly. I stayed silent for some time. I heard him sigh.

"I-I stopped loving you", I lied while looking at him. He shook his head.

"You never understand, do you? You don't understand that you can't actually lie to me?", He said before coming close to me and snaked his arms around my back as he drew me closer to him.

"W-what are y-you doing?" I stammered. He still rendered me speechless. He still had the same effect on him.

"Stopped loving you say? But I still have an effect on you", he said as he leaned in a little as he brushed a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. He lightly pressed his lips softly on my cheek and I shivered at the feeling of his lips. He then hugged me tightly as if I was about to disappear once again.

"Now, you're never going away from me", he said as he looked at me.

"What makes you so sure about it?"

"Because I know you won't say no to this marriage proposal," He said before leaving the garden.

❤️❤️❤️❤️