Chapter 45

After eating dinner where Arjun didn't talk to me at all but I did see him sneak glances. Mom and dad said that they would like to take some rest so they handed us the their car key and went and sat with Roshan and Sonia, leaving us alone in their car.

They had left as soon as everyone was done eating. I was a slow poke so I still had to finish eating. I was also shivering a lot. I knew it. I would be sick. My body was warming up. I stared at Arjun who was busy on his phone. I excused myself and went to the washroom to wash my face and came back to see Arjun had already paid the bill and was standing outside.

"Come on, let go", I said and he just shook his head and started walking. I instantly pulled his hand and turned him around. Placing my warm hands on his cheeks, I pulled him closer to me, placing my forehead against his.

"You're seriously going to ignore me just because I didn't give you a kiss?"

He said nothing but just stared at me.

"Oh Arjun, you goof ball", I said and kissed his cheeks.

"You want fever?"

"Wah! This is different, people usually ask for something else, but look at you, here you are asking you husband if he wants fever?"

"Arjun, I'll gladly give you a kiss if you want to be sick the next day"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that by the way I'm shivering right now, I'm going to be sick for sure", I said. That brought him back to his sense and his eyes widened as he stared at me before placing a hand on my forehead.

"Oh god! Tanvi, how could you not inform me about it? Urgh! I feel bad for ignoring you the whole time now! You're forehead is burning", he said and quickly tugged me inside the car.

"You've got nothing to be sorry about Arjun, I knew I was going to be ill", I said softly.

"But still, oh god, I'm so sorry Tanvi, wait a second, I'm sure they have paracetamol here", he said and retrieved a first aid box from the car. Quickly removing a tablet he gave it to me with a bottle. I quickly took it and gulped it down.

"Arjun, drive", I said.

"B-but-"

"Arjun, I'm not dying!"

"Don't talk about dying like that", he said in a serious tone.

"Arjun, go on, drive, I'm right next to you", I said before I finally slept.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Arjun's P.O.V.

"Finally", I whispered as I saw my house. After hours of driving, we were finally home. Luckily, Roshan didn't drive that fast so we were able to cover up. We did get down to drink coffee late at night but Anvi was asleep in the car.

I drove inside the parking lot and quickly parked the car before going to the passenger side and quickly took her in my arms and started walking towards our house. We all didn't bother removing our luggage considering the fact that we were all very tired.

"Good night everyone", I said before walking to my room and gently placing her on the bed. I quickly removed her jacket and her shoes. Quickly placing them on aside, I went to the bathroom and in a bowl I took some water and a washcloth. I placed the bowl near the side and dipped the cloth in the water before squeezing the excess water out and placing it on her forehead.

Then, I went inside the kitchen and cooked some warm soup. If my mom sees me, she's going to tease me a lot but I'm sure she'll be proud of me. In fact, she's the one who's taught me how to cook soups.