seven

Harry thought that maybe he was all too quick to forgive Louis for everything. To be frank, he was pretty fucking tired of dealing with Louis' bullshit. There were so many mixed signals coming from that boy that it was driving Harry absolutely mad. One minute Louis would be knocking into the younger boy, holding his hand, and calling him 'love' but then the next minute it was as though Louis didn't know him.

Harry just didn't understand.

Maybe because he didn't really have friends, aside from his mum and sister, but it seemed as though Louis was only embarrassed by Harry in front of the football players. They always seemed to be involved with whatever excuse Louis would come up with for why he had treated Harry like shit that day.

But this was it.

Harry wasn't going to stand for this anymore. Now on any other day, Harry wouldn't be nearly this forward with his thoughts and emotions but perhaps the conversation he had had with his sister the night before was contributing to his brooding anger.

"What's wrong?" Gemma had said the night before, on their weekly skype call, annoyed that her brother had been so distracted all evening.

"It's just..." Harry hesitated. He assumed his sister knew he was gay but it had never come up in conversation and Harry was reluctant to talk about anything like that with any member of his family. It was just too personal. "There's this, uh, person I like... And they-they're kinda confusing me?"

Harry glanced at his computer screen to see Gemma with her face slightly scrunched up, clearly thinking. She pursed her lips for a moment, looking away from the screen before making eye contact with Harry. "What are they doing?"

Harry hesitated again, "They, um, they'll like, hold my hand and stand really close and call me love. But then in front of his friends, he'll act like he doesn't know me."

"He," Gemma stated clearly, looking for a reaction from Harry, but only being met with the boy looking at his keyboard, "He sounds like he needs to make a choice."

With that, Harry looked up.

"He needs to decide whether or not you're worth it..." Gemma trailed off. "I don't get it completely, obviously, the whole 'coming out' thing, but you want to be with him, yeah?"

Harry gave a shaky nod. He had just revealed his biggest secret to his sister. Not necessarily about him liking Louis, but about him liking boys in general.

"Then this kid needs to man the fuck up and decide what's more important, you, or any ignorant friends he may have."

So that day at lunch, while sitting in the library, he texted Louis:

Harry: after school?

Louis: i've got footie , after ?

Louis: i can meet you at your house

Harry: k

Louis: everything alright love ?

Harry: ya

Louis: ...

Louis: you need anything ? i can stop somewhere on my way

Harry: it's okay

Louis: okay

And Harry just left it at that.

----

Harry was sitting at his desk, doing his math homework when he heard his phone buzz.

Louis: i'm outside